World of Final Fantasy, which is coming out in October of this year, gets a 10 minute PS4 gameplay video showcasing the battle system in detail.
From the video we can see various mechanics at work:
- How the ATB gauge works (it’s similar to Child of Light‘s)
- Players can capture monsters during using the “Imprismed” system
- Monsters that are captured have their own evolutions and skill trees
- Stacking said monsters gives your characters stat boosts
- Pressing the touch screen or touch pad activates auto-battle mode
- Load times before random encounters has been greatly reduced
- Medals let you summon Final Fantasy protagonists, who use a special move from their repertoire
You can check out the full video posted just below.