Braid Arrives on European PSN December 17
Braid is likely near and dear to everyone’s hearts who played it over a year ago on the Xbox 360. Since then it’s garnered a heavy amount of praise from gamers and critics alike. It finally hit the PSN in North America roughly a month ago, but what about Europe? Your time is coming! If you’re been aching to play this time-reversing, untraditional platformer, you’ll be glad to know that it is hitting the European PlayStation Network for download on December 17 for the not too shabby price of €9.99. If, for some reason, you’ve been living under a rock for the last two years and have no idea what Braid features, here’s a list of the main points from the press release.
• Untraditional platforming. You can never die and never lose, but challenge is always present and focused on solving puzzles, rather than forcing you to play and replay tricky jumps.
• Puzzle-rich environment. Travel through a series of worlds, searching for puzzle pieces and solving puzzles by manipulating time: rewinding, creating parallel universes and setting up pockets of dilated time. The game play is always fresh and new and the puzzles inspire new ways of thinking.
• Aesthetic design. A painterly art style and lush, organic soundtrack complement the unique game play.
• Nonlinear story. A nonlinear fiction links the various worlds and provides real-world metaphors for your time manipulations; act out these themes at your own pace, exploring playful “what if” universes.
• Forgiving game play. The game doesn’t force you to solve puzzles in order to proceed. If you can’t figure something out, just play onward and return to that puzzle later.