2D Tribute to Doom BUTCHER Launches on Console with a New Trailer
Developer Transhuman Design's 2D homage to cult classic shooters, BUTCHER, has finally come to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Developer Transhuman Design and publisher Crunching Koalas have announced that the rapid 2D shooter BUTCHER has officially made its way to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
In BUTCHER, players will control a cyborg who has been programmed to eliminate humanity… or just anything that moves. While wielding a variety of weapons (chainsaws, shotguns, grenade launchers), your death machine will butcher its way through waves of enemies in new and entertaining ways. Here’s a breakdown of what else we can expect to find in BUTCHER.
- Release your inner artist, paint the walls with (permanent) blood (up to 4 million pixels available to be painted per level).
- Use the environment (saws, hooks, lava pits, animals and other) to brutally dispose of your enemies.
- Put your reflex and patience to the ultimate test.
- Choose from an array of weapons (featuring classics like chainsaw, railgun and the deadly grenade launcher).
- Soak in the dark atmosphere reinforced by a wicked, heavy soundtrack (while you kick corpses around).
- Die painfully: melt in lava, become piranha food, get crushed by heavy doors… and more!
Transhuman Design has previously developed games such as Soldat and King Arthur’s Gold. As has been the developer’s goal with previous games, BUTCHER has been developed to be an homage to cult classic titles from the shooter genre. Specifically, Transhuman says that it has drawn inspiration from Doom.
BUTCHER is now available on the PlayStation Store, the Microsoft Store, and on Steam for $9.99.