3DS and Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age Win Japan on Media Create Sales Charts
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age tops software in Japan, while 3DS tops hardware, followed by PS4.
Like every week, Media Create just released its top-twenty software sales charts for the Japanese market, on top of the hardware sales charts. The charts are related to the period between Monday, July 10th, and Sunday, July 16th.
You can check out the full software chart below, that sees Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age debut firmly at the top.
- Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age – PS4 — 100, 764/NEW
- Hey! Pikmin – 3DS — 65, 867/NEW
- Gundam Versus – PS4 — 15,734/137, 178
- Ever Oasis – 3DS — 14, 325/NEW
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Switch — 11,554/575,048
- 100% Pascal Sensei Kanpeki Paint Bomber – 3DS — 9, 113/NEW
- ARMS – Switch — 8,642/170, 003
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Switch — 7,015/537, 027
- Super Bomberman R – Switch — 5,200/97, 123
- Pokémon Sun & Moon – 3DS — 4,938/3,289,826
- Hakoniwa Company – PS4 — 4,586/NEW
- Monster Hunter XX – 3DS — 4,045/1,543,038
- Grand Theft Auto V – PS4 — 3,251/364, 052
- Animal Crossing New Leaf – Welcome amiibo – 3DS — 3, 201/201, 897
- Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition – PS Vita — 3, 169/1,176,952
- Omega Labyrinth Z – PS4 — 3,062/12,381
- Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X – 3DS — 2,458/177, 949
- Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology – 3DS — 2,433/32, 377
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III Game of the Year Edition – PS4 — 2,417/8,947
- Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS – 3DS — 2,392/1,062,057
And here we get the hardware chart, that sees the debut of the New Nintendo 2DS XL at the top, unsurprisingly.
- New 2DS XL: 43, 315
- Switch: 31, 906
- PS4: 28,569
- New 3 DS XL: 12, 101
- PS4 Pro: 7, 649
- PS Vita: 4,655
- 2DS: 1,901
- New 3DS: 1,242
- Xbox One: 200
- Wii U: 146
- PS3: 129
Thanks to the intake from the New Nintendo 2DS XL, the 3DS family is at the top again. Looking at home consoles, the Switch seems to have gotten more stock this week, allowing it to push higher than usual. Yet, that wasn’t enough to beat the PS4 family powered by Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age.
The classic Final Fantasy remaster makes it easily to the top of a pretty lean software chart, with few relevant new releases, followed by a very nice start for Hey! Pikmin that probably benefited from the launch of the New Nintendo 2DS XL.
Ever Oasis also launched rather nicely for a niche game, while Hakoniwa Company does the usual Nippon Ichi Software thing, with niche sales that always happen to keep the company going anyway.