StarCraft II Gets a New Update, Nerd Rage Ensues
Yesterday Blizzard updated StarCraft II yet again, to balance some more things out and fix some pesky bugs. This patch – 1.1.2 – tosses in some new balance changes for all three of the races you can play in multi-player, as well as some other random Battle.net mechanics and such. Hit the break to check out the entire list of changes in this new patch, then run right on over to the StarCraft II forums and complain about them. Isn’t that what everyone does?
- Players will no longer receive achievement toasts while their status is set to “Busy.”
- The messaging when attempting to load a saved game or replay from a previous version has been clarified.
- Adjusted the amount of points earned and lost by random team participants to properly reflect the strength of a player’s teammates.
- Nexus life and shields increased from 750/750 to 1000/1000.
- Void Ray
- Damage level 1 increased from 5 to 6 (+4 armored).
- Damage level 2 decreased from 10 (+15 armored) to 8 (+8 armored).
- Flux Vanes speed upgrade bonus decreased from 1.125 to 0.703.
- Barracks requirement changed from Command Center to Supply Depot.
- Supply Depot life increased from 350 to 400.
- Acceleration reduced from 2.315 to 2.25.
- Speed reduced from 2.75 to 2.5.
- Nitro Packs speed upgrade now has a Factory Requirement.
- Energy bar removed.
- 250mm Strike Cannons is now cooldown-based on a 50-second cooldown. Ability starts with cooldown available (useable immediately after upgrade is researched).
- Hatchery life increased from 1250 to 1500.
- Lair life increased from 1800 to 2000.
- Spawning Pool life increased from 750 to 1000.
- Spire life increased from 600 to 850.
- Ultralisk Cavern life increased from 600 to 850.
- Energy bar removed.
- Corruption is now cooldown-based on a 45-second cooldown. Ability starts with cooldown expired (must wait for full 45-second cycle before usable).
- Fungal Growth now prevents Blink.
- Range increased from 3 to 4.
- Fixed an issue where players could not cast the Feedback spell on Point Defense Drones.
- Fixed an issue where the Phoenix would continue to channel Graviton Beam after the target died.
- Fixed an issue that would cause Larvae to spawn and be hidden behind Zerg eggs.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to navigate to the Single Player page or watch replays after canceling map downloads from the queue.
- Fixed a desync that could occur on user-created maps with custom mod dependencies.