7 Days to Die Alpha 20 Patch Notes & How To Download and Play
Alpha 20 finally arrives today!
7 Days to Die Alpha 20 will finally arrive later today and fans can’t wait to jump in. However, for those new to the experimental builds, you’ll need to ensure you’re on the right version.
Here’s everything you need to know about Alpha 20, including how you can download the experimental build and the list of changes coming in the new version.
Unfortunately, we don’t know the exact release time for Alpha 20, but the developers have stated that it will be in the afternoon. As the developers are based in Texas, we expect it to be anywhere between 12PM CST and 6PM CST, as an educated guess. But for now, check out the patch notes below!
- READ MORE: Apex Legends Raiders Collection Event Update Start Time and Date
How To Download and Play 7 Days to Die Alpha 20
To access the Alpha 20 build, you’ll need to follow a few simple steps.
- Right click 7 Days to Die in your Steam library
- Select ‘Properties’
- Click on the ‘Betas’ tab
- In the drop down menu, ensure that ‘latest_experimental available’ is selected
- If not previously selected, wait for the game to download/update.
- READ MORE: DayZ Update 1.15.1 Patch Notes
7 Days to Die Alpha 20 Patch Notes
Below you will find some of the most important bits of the 7 Days to Die Alpha 20, but for the full list of changes and details, we recommend visiting the 7 Days to Die website.
- A brand-new version of Random Gen World creation with new cities, city tiles and a part system spawner. You will be blown away by it!
- Over 200 new POI’s and updates to many of the older POI’s. Over 550 Explorable locations total
- Navezgane has many city improvements, terrain improvements and new rural and wilderness communities
- Nearly 25 new HD characters with a couple with improved shaders
- 6 New weapons and 13 HD remakes with the addition of new primitive pipe weapons
- Overhauled shape menu with hundreds of new shapes organized and buildable from a simple frame with in-game, creative and level design support
- Block Placement Improvements
- We have added a Robotic Drone Companion to carry your extra gear, heal you and more
- Dynamic Imposter System renders accurate changes to POI’s and player bases at far distances
- Rendering improvements with 100s of new PBR models
- Quest Improvements including new restore power night Quests
- AI Enemy Improvements including city spawning, ducking, obstacle attacks, head tracking and burst attacks.
- Feral Sense Game options for a completely new game experience
- Vehicle Improvements with coop passenger support and mods to improve and customize your Vehicles
- Loot Progression Improvements include a new Loot Stage System, Biome and Tiered POI loot bonuses and early game balance
- Improved dynamic music and ambient audio system with added new content
- Improved weather system with more distinct and varying weather
- Video Options for Anti-Aliasing – Temporal (TAA) and AA Sharpening have been added along with an auto detection system that will set your game settings to better match your hardwares capabilities.
- Animations have been improved from 1st person to 3rd person to provide a more immersive experience
- A new Dismemberment system has been integrated with some of the zombies
- Twitch Integration has been improved with many new commands, voting and more
- Modding support has been improved with better world editing, level editing, RWG and Server.XML settings and tools