While we still away a console update or non-beta update for PC, Fallout 4 players can now go to Steam and download the latest patch. Beta Update 1.2.37 is the second beta update, the first one bringing number-pad key remapping and other fixes. The features included are the following:
- General memory and stability improvements
- Performance improvements inside the Corvega Assembly Plant
- Fixed issue with player becoming stuck in terminals
While this isn’t a major update, it is hard to pass up a stability update in a Bethesda title. If you were hoping for more, don’t worry — the beta update is a work in progress. They may add more features and fixes, and there will certainly be more updates in the future.
In order to access and download the beta update, users will need to opt into the Fallout 4 beta program by doing the following:
1. Log into Steam
2. Right Click on Fallout 4 in your Library
3. Select Settings
4. Select Betas
5. A drop down menu will appear. Select Beta Update
6. Select OK.
7. Wait a few minutes and Fallout 4 should update.
8. When done, Fallout 4 should appear as Fallout 4 [beta] in your Library
There is no word when the update will be coming to all PC’s (not enrolled in the beta program) or when it can be expected on home consoles.