Add-Ons Update for Minecraft: Pocket Edition and Windows 10 Edition Beta Now Live
Both Minecraft: Pocket Edition and Windows 10 Edition Beta have been updated with 0.16. This update introduces add-ons, the ability to upload and download worlds to Minecraft Realms, and Ocean Monuments.
Mojang has also published some helpful tutorial videos for the add-on feature. Tutorials for the alien invasion teased at E3 2016, as well as how to make an add-on can be viewed below. The full changelog is below the videos.
Additionally you can find the fully detailed list of update 0.16 below.
- Ocean Monuments
- Guardians and Elder Guardians
- Prismarine, dark prismarine & prismarine bricks
- Prismarine shard & prismarine crystal
- Sea lantern
- The Wither!
- Nether star
- Wet & dry sponges
- Slash commands (with a handy auto complete feature). Enable cheats for a world in the options screen for access, but note that Xbox Live achievements will be disabled when you’re using ‘em!
- Custom key bindings! Hooray for lefties!
- A new Creative inventory search feature
- Add-On section for world settings
- You can change game modes in Realms (note that doing this will restart the realm)
- Ability to upload & download worlds in Realms
- Ability to promote players as operators in Realms
- UI improvements!
- Performance improvements!
- Tweaks to various mob action/behavior triggers, including fixing creeper explosions
- Elder guardian de-buff visuals fixed (feedback from Android beta)
- Fishing rods & arrows will fire in more than just one direction
- Lots of tweaks to water textures to make underwater more fun
- Tweaks to Realms settings
- Visual tweaks to sun, moon & stars when rendering in VR immersive mode
- Ridiculous numbers of bug fixes!