Triangle Studios and Soedesco surprisingly released their musical action RPG AereA today on PC as a Timed Exclusive on Steam. The PC version of the game was originally slated to come out alongside the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the title, which are still planned to be released on June 30.
The PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game will also be available physically in a boxed Collector’s Edition. Hans van Brakel of Soedesco had the following to say about their decision to release the game early on PC:
“We are excited about every game we release, but since AereA is an original Soedesco IP we are even more thrilled. This launch is a surprise release on Steam, because we couldn’t wait to share this great game with players. Console gamers won’t have to wait much longer for the game though. They can pre-order the game now, ahead of its June 30th launch date.”
In AereA players assemble at party of four characters who are all equipped with music-themed abilities and weapons. Wolff is the archer of the group, and his primary weapon is a harp. Jacques, is a “cello knight,” who uses a cello and bow stick as a shield and sword respectively. Jules is a mage that can channel magic through a lute, and Claude is a gunner whose primary weapon is a trumpet.
Players have the abiltiy to control all four characters, but can also team up with up to three of their friends in local co-op. You can check out a list of the AereA’s features from the developers below:
- Lose yourself in the beautifully hand-drawn graphic style in 4K resolution
- Play as 4 different musical themed characters, each with their own unique set of abilities
- Fight 9 unique bosses, inspired by a specific musical instrument
- Explore multiple islands with a wide variety of biomes, enemies and puzzles
- Switch to local 4-player co-op to form a team with up to 3 friends at any time
- Enjoy the beautiful music by ‘Broforce’ composer Deon van Heerden
As you can see in the features list, AereA’s soundtrack is composed by Deon van Heerden. His soundtrack is available to purchase as DLC on Steam alongside an digital artbook, while the soundtrack will be included in the Collector’s Edition of AereA on consoles. You can watch the title’s launch trailer below.