Aion: Assault on Balaurea is Released Today
After teasing with fly-through videos of the new territories Inggison and Gelkmaros, NCSoft has released the new expansion, Aion: Assault on Balaurea today. Attack on Balaurea features a higher level cap, new pets, weapons, skills, items, enhanced flight mechanics and a slew of other ad-ons that players can enjoy all for free. The expansion will expand the story by adding a new chapter. Players will have to ban together and launch an assault against the intruding Balaur in their homeland.
Jaeho Lee, the CEO of NCSoft West has stated in the press release:
“Assault on Balaurea is more than a free expansion consisting of new and exciting game experiences for our players, but a sign of our commitment to providing players hours of fun and excitement they can’t experience anywhere else…With this expansion, we continue to make Aion a truly global franchise by offering customized features catering to Western audience gameplay styles, something we’ve been looking forward to bringing our players since launch.”
People playing the new expansion can expect:
• New Instances: Aion hosts eight new instances each filled with fantastic challenges and enticing rewards. These new instances experienced at both lower and higher levels offer a range of challenges for all varieties of players ranging from solo adventures to full-on Legion raids.
- Pets: Pets are no longer only decorative. Aion redefines how MMORPGs approach pets, creating an entire new subsystem for players to explore as they acquire functional pets capable of storing goods, assisting with crafting or acting as guardians by alerting their masters to nearby enemies. Pets are acquired through in-game purchases, quest rewards, item drops, NCsoft Store, and special promotional events.
- New Zones: Players will explore the vast lands of Balaurea, the home of the Balaur, ruled by the Dragon Lord Tiamat. The Asmodians and Elyos have established fortresses in the two new zones: Gelkmaros and Inggison, each area featuring completely new environments, powerful monsters and unique flight mechanics for players to enjoy.
- Increased Level Cap: Five additional levels can be achieved. With an increased level cap of 55, characters will discover new weapons, earn new items and learn new skills as they explore the dangerous lands of Balaurea.
- Enhanced Flight Mechanics: Brand new flight options in the form of Windstreams allow characters to traverse the vast new zones of Gelkmaros and Inggison with increased speed and unlimited flight time. Windstreams have varying strengths and effects, adding a further layer of depth and strategy to Aion’s highly-acclaimed flight mechanics.
- Twitter Integration: Aion’s new Twitter feed functionality makes player bragging rights easy with its fluid integration into the game. Players can capture and Twitpic up to ten of their favorite screen shots using the updated in-game UI.