Alekhine’s Gun, the spiritual successor to Death to Spies, had a rocky launch. The game shipped in quite the mess and it was almost impossible to complete levels due to horrid stealth mechanics. However, there’s a new patch out, so let’s see if it fixes any of the big problems.
The v1.02 update delivers a whole series of gameplay enhancements and bug fixes, including:
- Full Game level statistics showing level rating & other info
- Quick saves
- Controller Y-axis inverting option
- Autosaves on objective completion
- New remote distracting device (Decoy)
- Player backlighting switch option
- Map zoom saving
- All Levels balanced for Extreme difficulty (to get Ghost Rating).
- Phantom Achievement not called in some situations
- Chameleon Achievement not called because of missing disguise
- Steam Achievements not always synchronized when playing offline
- Machine gun flying when cook pouring drink in “Dogs of War” level
- Russian localization errors
- Stuck during exit from one of the ships in “Points on the Radar” level
- French localization errors
- Some crashes and other small errors
Alekhine’s Gun launched March 11 this year for PC, Xbox One and PS4.