AMD Owns Only 18% of Graphics Card Market Share, Nvidia Rises Over The 80% Mark

By Mostafa Hossam

August 21, 2015

PC components market research firm, Mercury Research, has released its quarterly report and it shows some very interesting figures for both graphics cards giants, Nvidia and AMD.

Nvidia seems to be doing things right, as it has passed the 80% mark and is currently sitting on 82% of the market share, leaving behind its competitor, AMD with only 18%, down from 38% at the same time last year. Although, the released report claims an increase in AMD’s mobile GPUs’ sector.

AMD’s current position is becoming diffuclt, and they might have to step up their game, if they want to keep up with Nvidia in the GPU market.

 

Have something to tell us about this article?
Let us know

Video Trailers

Orcs Must Die! 3 - Launch Trailer
Mario Golf : Super Rush - Opening Cinematic - Nintendo Switch
Mostafa Hossam

My main and favorite thing to do in my life is play video games on my PS4 and admire the work that has been done in each game whether it's an AAA or an indie. Games are games no matter how many people develop it, it's the passion and hard work behind it. I am a crazy fan of Game of Thrones and love to read National Geographic magazines.

Read more of Mostafa's articles

Got a tip?

Let us know