Anthem Gets More Info on Thruster Heat, Gameplay, Missions, Progression, and More
Anthem Executive Producer Mark Darrah continues to entertain the community with plenty of answers including interesting info on the game.
Anthem Executive Producer Mark Darrah is continuing to answer questions about the game on Twitter, providing some interesting design about the gameplay of the upcoming online action-RPG.
Below you can read the most relevant among the many details he provided in a handy summary.
- The lore of the anthem IP includes sports. Yet, they’re not playable. They simply exist in the universe.
- You can swap the helmet of your Javelin suit.
- A player’s freelancer has a level that grants perks, while each Javelin can equip gear.
- Expeditions can start both at Fort Taris and in the Strider.
- Player characters will be voiced.
- Your thrusters gain less heat while flying down, more while flying upwards.
- Thrusters can cool down while in mid-air.
- When you’re on an expedition with others, a player can’t cause cutscenes to be skipped for everyone.
- You can’t use a weapon found on a mission immediately. You need to go back to the Forge and equip it.
- Missions will include non-combat interactions.
- Players can swim.
- There won’t be fully customizable designs for armor decoration at launch.
If you want to learn more about Anthem, you can enjoy the previous batch of information provided by Darrah himself, watch the latest cinematic trailer, some awesome gameplay, the reveal trailer from last year, and the first gameplay to see how much it evolved since 2017. You can also read our preview from EA Play.
The game will release on PS4, Xbox One, and PC on February 22nd, 2019. You can already pre-order it on Amazon.
This post contains affiliate links where DualShockers gets a small commission on sales. Any and all support helps keep DualShockers as a standalone, independent platform for less-mainstream opinions and news coverage.