BioWare’s upcoming action RPG Anthem has sparked the interest of many, and there are still a lot of questions floating around among the fans of the developer of Mass Effect and Dragon Age.
Today Executive Producer Mark Darrah took to Twitter to provide more details about the game, joined by Game Director Jonathan Warner, who gave additional information. You can read a handy summary below.
- You can respec your perks at a cost.
- While the team is still optimizing, recommended specs for PC should be out “soon.”
- General Helena Tarsis is the founder of Fort Tarsis, and the settlement is named after her.
- Players won’t be able to trade, at least at launch.
- Downed players can be revived by teammates, but they can also respawn on their own after a time.
- The starter Javelin “Ranger” remains viable in the endgame, despite the fact that you can unlock new ones.
- You don’t need to recharge your Javelins during missions. They don’t run on batteries.
- At the current stage of development is possible to have all your gear of masterwork tier (Tier 6)
- Some elemental attacks can affect allies.
Personally, I’m especially happy to hear that the starter Javelin will stay viable through the game. If the suit progression was too vertical, we’d end up with everyone using the same models in advanced missions.
If you want to learn more about Anthem, you can enjoy the previous information provided by Darrah himself, more from the day before, alongside an earlier batch. You can also watch the latest cinematic trailer, some awesome gameplay, the reveal trailer from last year, and the first gameplay from 2017. Last, but certainly not least, you shouldn’t forget to read our preview from EA Play.
The game will release on PS4, Xbox One, and PC on February 22nd, 2019. You can already pre-order it on Amazon.
This post contains affiliate links where DualShockers gets a small commission on sales. Any and all support helps keep DualShockers as a standalone, independent platform for less-mainstream opinions and news coverage.