Apex Legends 1.69 Update Today (May 24) - Patch Notes, Abandon Penalty, Valkyrie Changes
Here are the patch notes of the latest Apex Legends update.
Apex Legends has been one of the most popular battle royale games in the gaming industry since its launch. It has received several updates in the past and has evolved significantly over the years.
Season 9 kicked off in the game recently, and it added an all-new Arena mode and a brand new character, Valkyrie. The update was critically acclaimed by both fans and critics alike, and it seems like there is more to come for fans out there.
Today, Respawn Entertainment has released another patch for Apex Legends which brings a few changes to Valkyrie and adds the abandon penalty. Here are the complete patch notes.
Apex Legends 1.69 Update Today (May 24) – Patch Notes, Abandon Penalty, Valkyrie Changes
10:00 am PT Server + Client Patch:
- Restored slow effect when players run into Wattson’s fences
- Valkyrie changes:
• Added a short input delay after using Valkyrie’s ult to prevent players from accidentally activating—then immediately canceling—their ult by accident
• Fixed an exploit that let players record stats in the firing range while using Valkyrie
• Fixed an edge case that allowed her ult to be activated shortly after using a jump pad
- Arenas changes:
• Penalties for abandoning games have been added to Arenas. This is similar to the abandon penalty applied in Ranked BR games. You only get the penalty if you were in a full squad when you left (this doesn’t apply if you were partied with the leaver—you’ll still get penalized in that case). This update will activate a warning for players who are about to leave a game in-progress. The associated penalties will follow shortly after.
• Fixed an exploit that allowed users to unlock upgrades without having enough materials to do so
• Hop-up Upgrades for the Bocek bow are now as follows: Level 2: Shattercaos. Level 3: Deadeye’s Tempo.
• Fixed various Arenas bugs and errors
- Loot adjustments:
• Adjusted the logic for loot items being spawned on the ground as opposed to being placed into loot bins. This should cause backpacks to spawn more evenly on the ground as opposed to being spawned almost exclusively in loot bins.
• Slight increase in spawn rates for Level 2 Evo armor. The starter kit changes introduced in Season 9 had caused them to be lowered by more than expected.
• Miscellaneous stability fixes
Late Afternoon PT Playlist Update:
- Re-enabling Valkyrie in the firing range
- We’re temporarily increasing survival XP earned in Arenas. This is a placeholder fix to offset the fact that the buy phase currently isn’t being taken into account for “survival time.” In a future patch we’ll adjust the survival time calculation to include the buy phase and return the survival XP earn rate to its previous level.