Apex Legends to Have Limited-Time Event, Will Unveil Season 2 Details at EA Play
New character and weapon skins will be available in Apex Legends through a Legendary Hunt, and season 2 details are coming during EA Play.
Those craving some new content in Apex Legends might have EA and Respawn whet their appetite with some upcoming reveals. In the leadup to EA Play 2019, which will include a live stream that features Apex Legends, EA announced that a limited-time mode will come to the free-to-play battle royale game next week. Additionally, information on the season 2 battle pass will come during EA Play, which coincides with E3 2019.
That information will come via livestream, as EA Play will not have a press conference this year. On the plus side, fans will have access to the game on the floor, providing they register to attend the event. But even before EA Play, players at home will be able to participate in a limited-time event. EA didn’t divulge too many details on their website, but they did provide looks at the new weapon and character skins that players can earn.
“The Legendary Hunt” is what EA and Respawn are calling this event, with Legendary Hunt challenges offering skins as rewards. Per their website, here are some of the offerings of the event:
- Apex Elite Queue
- Test yourself against the best with the Apex Elite queue. Make it to the Top 5 in any match to earn your way into a select queue full of other Top 5 winners.
- Here’s the catch: in order to continue playing in the queue you will have to keep placing in the Top 5.
- Legendary Hunt Challenge Rewards
- Complete a set of limited-time challenges and earn new Rare, Epic, and Legendary skins.
- Double XP Weekend
- From Friday, June 7 at 10 a.m. PST through Monday, June 10 at 10 a.m. PST, earn double XP on base progression and Battle Pass progression.
- Battle Pass Bonus XP
- Finish Top 5 in any match and earn an entire Battle Pass level (once per day).
- Legendary Hunt Store Skins
- Every three to four days during the event, we’ll have new Legendary Hunt themed skins rotating through the in-game store for direct purchase.
- Two Additional Legendary Skins for all Battle Pass Owners
- Players who have the Wild Frontier Battle Pass will automatically get the Legendary Honored Prey R-301 skin.
- Players who reach Battle Pass level 15 before the end of the event will get the Wraith Night Terror Legendary skin.
Skins shown off include the Epic Master of the Hunt Bloodhound skin, the Legendary Honored Prey R-301 skin, and the Legendary Night Terror Wraith skin. With the event beginning on Tuesday, EA promises more details by then.
As mentioned, the EA Play livestream will be where Respawn drops information on the season 2 battle pass; the developers have promised that they have listened to feedback on season 1 and taken it into account. Don’t expect any hard information on season 2 until that livestream, however. Players can get excited though about daily and weekly challenges coming with season 2, ensuring that there are incentives for players to keep coming back, explore the map, and do other various tasks in the game.
EA Play 2019 will live stream at 10:00 a.m. PST on Saturday, June 8. Apex Legends is playable on PC, Xbox One, and PS4, with a mobile version on the way. Check out some pictures of the Epic and Legendary skins below.