Apex Legends Season 11 Update Patch Notes & Preload Details
The countdown for Apex Legends Escape patch notes begins!
Apex Legend Season 11, Escape, is almost here and with that comes plenty of changes, let’s jump in and find out more.
We are beyond excited to get in-game and to start battling it out in the Apex Games within Season 11.
It comes as no surprise that players will run into a number of surprises, well, those that don’t go looking for answers, like yourself.
No judgement here! We want to find out all that we can too and that’s why we’ve compiled an early patch notes piece for you and added in the new patch notes.
Apex Legends Season 11 Preload details
Those who are looking to jump into Season 11 straight away will be pleased to know that the update is available to download as of early morning on Tuesday, November 11.
The Apex Legends Season 11 patch notes are now live and viewable on EA’s site.
Apex Legends Season 11 Patch Notes – New Map Storm Point
Fans of big maps will be overjoyed as the newest landing spot will be 15% larger than that of World’s Edge, a map that fans were already shocked by the size of.
Out with the old, in with the new, no more jump towers. Storm Point will actually feature gravity cannons rather than our beloved giant balloons.
Keep an eye out though as you might walk yourself into a battle against something other than enemy legends, say hello to Prowlers, Spiders and Flyers.
Apex Legends Season 11 Patch Notes – New Legend Ash
Ash has been a highly anticipated legend and she’s finally ready to battle it out in the Apex games!
Many fans of Respawn’s Titanfall series will know her well as she first originated there.
She made an appearance within Apex Legends initially during the “Ashes to Ashes” questline in July of this year, teasing her arrival further down the line.
Below you can find an explanation of each of Ash’s abilities, otherwise, we’ve also included the image provided by EA showcasing the same.
- Arc Snare: Throw a spinning snare that damages and tethers the first enemy who gets too close.
- Marked for Death: Ash’s map shows the location of recent deathboxes and marks surviving attackers.
- Phase Breach: Tear open a one-way portal to a targeted location.
Apex Legends Season 11 Patch Notes – New Weapon C.A.R SMG
The C.A.R SMG is a beloved gun for those mentioned above, fans of Titanfall, with many begging Respawn to add it to Apex Legends for months.
This weapon is a shapeshifter, allowing players to actually switch between ammo types, heavy and light.
So far it seems the C.A.R will be on a similar playing field to the R-99 or Volt, let’s see if this SMG will become a fan favourite once again.
Apex Legends Season 11 Patch Notes
Move aside Ash, this is Wattson’s season. We’re ecstatic to finally share some long-anticipated Wattson improvements! Her win rate and encounter win rate have always been above average. This could be for a multitude of reasons; her defensive playstyle correlates to higher average placements, Wattson mains are diehard loyalists, and her hitbox has been the smallest in the game ever since Lifeline’s adjustment.
Regardless, much of the high-level data that we’ve shared doesn’t match perception. Play a few games as Wattson and you’ll often find yourself wanting more out of her kit. The goal of these changes is to redistribute her invisible power into the parts of her kit that shape the battlefield in a unique way. We wanted to see what changes could spark more consistency and efficacy in her kit, and ideally ground some of the difficulties surrounding the way her abilities work.
We want to enable more active gameplay from Wattson players by smoothing out the rough edges in placing fences. Responsiveness tweaks, longer range, and faster cooldowns means that Wattson can much more quickly and reliably set up a defensive position, or even use her fences and pylon in the midst of open combat in a pinch.
- Improved the reliability and responsiveness of placing Wattson’s Tactical and Ultimate in-world objects.
- Wattson can place her Tactical and Ultimate objects on valid surfaces above Wattson’s eye level (to a reasonable extent).
- General hitbox size increase, to compensate for the removal of low profile in the Legacy update.
Tactical – Perimeter Defense
- Increased damage on crossing a Fence by 33%. (15 to 20)
- Increased debuff duration on crossing a Fence by 100%. (1.5 to 3 seconds)
- Increased the time allowance to be hit again by a subsequent Fence effect by 100%. (0.5 to 1 second).
- Decreased recharge time by 50% (30 to 15 seconds).
- Increased placement range by 50%.
- Decreased the delay between Fences shutting off and reactivating after an ally passes through them by 60%. (1.0 -> 0.4 seconds)
- Wattson now moves at Unarmed-speed while readying/placing Fence nodes.
- Fence nodes can now be placed as soon as the weapon is readied, instead of waiting for the animation to finish.
Ultimate – Interception Pylon
- The Pylon output has been significantly reworked.
- Reduced the number of active Pylons Wattson can place from 3 to 1.
- The Pylon now lasts forever (instead of timing out after 90 seconds).
- The Pylon now has a pool of 250 Shields that can be distributed to nearby players, instead of effectively infinite Shields.
- Increased the Pylon shield recharge rate by 150%, and smoothed regen rate. (2/second -> 5/second, or more accurately: 1/0.5 seconds -> 1/0.2 seconds)
- When a Pylon is out of Shields, it no longer recharges players’ Shields, but can still zap incoming ordnance.
- Taking damage while regenerating Shields via the Pylon delays continued regeneration by 1 second.
- The UI on the ground and HUD elements now displays the amount of Shields that remain in the Pylon.
- Pinging a friendly Pylon will now display the percentage of Shields remaining in the Pylon.
- Pylon ordnance-zapping has been moderately reworked.
- Ordnance is now zapped when the Pylon detects that it would hit any surface within range and line of sight of the Pylon, instead of being zapped as soon as it comes within range.
- As a part of the changes, current issues where the Pylon doesn’t reliably zap ordnance (particularly concerning airstrike abilities, and ordnance that bounced off surfaces near the Pylon) should now be addressed.
BALANCE CHANGES: WEAPONS / GEAR
SUPPLY DROP ROTATION
- This season the Triple-Take returns to floor loot and taking its place is the G7 Scout. The Scout enters the Supply Drop with its old friend the Double-Tap Trigger equipped.
- Dual Shell – Each round loaded into the Mastiff or the 30-30 Repeater is doubled.
FULLY KITTED ROTATION
- Added: Mastiff 30-30 Repeater, R-301, CAR, Longbow
- Removed: Peacekeeper, Rampage, RE-45, Flatline, and Charge Rifle
- Fire rate reduced from 2.1 to 2.0
With the reduced bolt scaling we’ve done in previous passes the EVA-8 is still performing ahead of the shotgun pack. Hitting the base fire rate should help balance out our shotgun roster.
- Slightly increased pellet size
- Choke up time reduced from 1.5s to 1.25s
- Choked up shots remain tight for slightly longer when exiting ADS
When the PK came out of the crate we gave it a big sweep of nerfs to make sure the floor PK wasn’t the crate monster we had all grown to know. In this pass, we swung a little hard so we’re giving it a QOL and usability pass this season.
- Damage reduced from 60 to 55
We’re walking back a recent buff to the Longbow that proved unnecessary. We wanted to give it some love due to all the recent Marksman updates but it seems the Longbow was just fine.
- Reduced barrel effectiveness at all rarity tiers
- Significantly reduced projectile collision size
- Damage reduced from 18 to 17
The L-STAR has been a force to be reckoned with this season so we’re taking a big swing and hitting its projectile size and damage in an effort to bring it down a notch.
- Damage increased from 34 to 36
- Double Tap added to Supply Drop G7 Scout
With the G7 Scout entering the supply drop we’re giving it a bump to damage and adding back on the retired Double Tap to give it some extra spice.
SUPPLY DROP WEAPON RATES
- Early game crate weapon rate increased from 25% to 50%
- Mid game crate weapon rate increased from 50% to 75%
- Late game crate weapon rate increased from 75% to 100%
Pushing a supply drop in the end game and whiffing on a weapon feels pretty rough. We want to improve the reliability of getting crate weapons out of supply drops throughout all phases of the game. Don’t worry, we’re adjusting Kraber spawn rates accordingly to keep them in line.
HOT ZONE GOLD LOOT RATES
- Increased amount of gold loot that spawns in hot zones
Hot Zones can sometimes feel a bit lackluster so we’re injecting more high-tier loot into these dynamic zones to make them more enticing drop spots.
- Increased ammo from crafting
- Light Ammo 20 → 60
- Heavy Ammo 20 → 60
- Energy Ammo 20 → 60
- Shotgun Ammo 8 → 24
- Arrows 16 → 48
- Sniper 12 → 36
- Crafting Ammo price increased from 5 to 10 per weapon
- Evo Armor Points from crafting increased from 100 to 150
- Evo Armor Points cost increased from 45 to 50
- Replaced a sniper bundle with a shotgun bundle featuring the Dual Shell
ENEMY NPC UPDATES
- Prowler health across the game has gone up from 90 to 114 (Storm Point and World’s Edge)
- Prowlers on World’s Edge and Flyers on Kings Canyon now reward EVO points (25%) … all damage done to AI now rewards progress to your EVO armor
- Supply drop will now land outside the first ring, if possible, and land 10 seconds earlier.
- Purple weapons now spawn more in earlier rounds
- Round 1 – 3x blue -> 1x purple + 2x blue
- Round 2 – 1x purple + 2x blue -> 2x purple 1x blue
- Round 3 – 2x purple 1x blue -> 3x purple
- Supply drop no longer spawns blue Havoc or Devotion or gold RE-45
Weapon Price Updates
- Blue 125 → 150
- Purple 200 → 250
- Blue 75 → 50
- Purple 150 → 125
- Base 200 → 150
- White 150 → 100
- Blue 250 → 200
- Base 500 → 400
- Blue 300 → 350
- Purple 400 → 350
- Base 500 → 450
- Blue 250 → 300
- Purple 300 → 350
- Base 500 → 450
QUALITY OF LIFE
- UI – teammates will now show that they are self-reviving on their in-world game tags.
- Added VO for players to communicate they are out of ammo.
- Updated the Arena Map Rotation Images to show up to five maps.
- Updated Social Awareness Badges to unlock as default for all accounts.
- UI/UX / Steam Only: Fixed issue where your online friends playing Apex didn’t count towards total online friends while in matches.
- Fixed bug for Placing a Caustic trap over a Seer Ultimate, that could result in the Ultimate being protected from taking damage.
- Updated Volt skin’s charm placement to be moved up so that charms become more visible.
- Fixed bug with players losing extra Boosted Loader extra ammo if the player reloads before getting to base ammo amount.
- Steam: Fixed issue where if a player has a forward slash in their name, a backslash will be added right before it automatically.
- R5DEV-280424 – Legends- Retail – Hitting an enemy with Valk tactical missiles, can result in health damage even with shields equipped
- Fixed issue where players do not see Legend Select when starting a game in Trios and immediately advance to drop ship phase.
- Audio fix for cases where music starts playing in the middle of a BR match.
- Fixed UI error that showed that the Legendary Prowler had the “Shotgun” tag in the in-game info screen.
- Audio fix for cases where VO for map changes doubles up (plays both variants at the same time).
- Audio fix for Rampart Town Takeover where vending machines had no soundFX.
- Fixed bug where Non-Crossplay Steam friends playing Apex would show up with debug text.
- Removed the random rock floating in midair in World’s Edge.
- Bug fix for cases where a player could stand up and jump in a knocked-down state after an enemy starts finisher and cancels it.
- Fixed bug where player names would be missing from Legend select.
- Reduced hitbox size for Crafting Material Canisters to better fit its shape.
- Fix for cases where Rampart’s “No Mercy” finisher causes her to clip through geometry.
- Fixed issue where her Ultimate doesn’t always destroy frag grenades when thrown inside the Pylon radius.
- Fixed issue with players being able to create ziplines much farther than intended.
- Fixed bug with his Ultimate cooldown being the same with or without a gold helmet.
- Removed ability for players to be able to bunny hop at full speed while using Passive.
We’ll see you in the arena on November 2nd!