Apex Legends Update 1.78 Today (August 23) - Patch Notes & Seer Nerf
Today's update includes some adjustments to the newest Legend, Seer.
The Apex Legends developers heard the criticism loud and clear surrounding Seer, the latest Legend to be added into the game when Season 10 launched. So, a new update was deployed today (August 23) with plenty of changes to make Seer a little less powerful.
When Seer was first introduced to the world of Apex Legends at the beginning of Season 10, it quickly became clear that he would be the new meta until the developers realized he was due a nerf.
After some issues arose with the new patch, it was announced that the Seer nerf update would be delayed by another week. But thankfully, Respawn Entertainment has ironed out all the bugs and the new Apex Legends update has arrived for all platforms.
Here are the full patch notes and all the details surrounding Seer’s nerf.
- MORE: A Rampart Town Takeover Event Rumored For Apex Legends Season 10
Apex Legends Seer Nerf
After Seer arrived at the beginning of Season 10 on August 3rd, fans quickly discovered that Seer’s abilities were a little overpowered. Thankfully the developers were quick to take on board the feedback and on August 10th announced a balance patch was already in the works.
Originally, the patch to nerf Seer was planned for the following week. But, after discovering some issues with the patch, Apex Legends producer Josh Medina announced that fans would be waiting a little longer for the nerf.
Many Apex Legends players found Seer’s flashbang tactical ability to be the main problem with him. But now with the latest patch, that may no longer be so much of a problem. Check out the full patch notes to find out what changes were made to Seer.
Patch Notes For Apex Legends Update 1.78 (August 23)
Below you will find the full patch notes for the Apex Legends update released on August 23. This now brings the game to version 1.78 and includes the following changes:
- Increased wait time between sensor spikes for full HP targets (1.25s to 1.75s)
- Removed center circle elipses
- Reduced range beyond 75m (blue spikes)
- Reduced field of view
- Increased detonation delay from 1.4s to 1.6s
- Players hit are no longer damaged or flashed. Screen shake from being his is also reduced
- Move slow added while holding tactical
- Lowered volume on audio
- Fixed tactical FX being visible in firing range when it’s not supposed to be
- Increased cooldown from 90s to 120s
- Lowered volume on audio
- Fixed several error related with Seer
- Adjusted volume of voice lines that play when Seer is chosen
- Fixed a problem caused by Climbatizer FX (“No existing effect for handle” error)
- Fixed an issue with challenges (“Array index -1 is out of range”)
- Fixed most instances of Legends “holding a grenade” when they have none in their inventory (Watson still suffers from this in some rare cases)
- Fixed an error with using multiple greandes on explosive holds (a following update later today will cause explosive holds to spawn closed again)
- Switch: Fixed Holospray display