Ark: Survival Evolved Is Available to Purchase on the Nintendo Switch Today
The highly anticipated release for ARK: Survival Evolved is finally here with the title going live on the eShop at around 3 p.m. EST/ 8 p.m GMT today
Today, publisher and developer Studio Wildcard has announced the release of Ark: Survival Evolved for the ever-versatile Nintendo Switch so you can enjoy some dinosaur survival adventuring on the go. The title gives Switch users the same open-world experience that plenty of other players have jumped into on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Android, iOS, and PC.
ARK: Survival Evolved players on the Switch won’t miss out on anything just because it’s a port, oh no! It will include all the content and features of the original game, so everyone can enjoy what the title has to offer. In your pre-historic endeavor, you’ll find yourself on an obscure island where you explore, make tools and weapons, plant crops and make your very own shelter. You’re obviously not alone on the island with all manner of dinosaurs running around, but as you acquire skills, you can hunt and even tame these beasts. You will also be able to explore the island online with up to 64 other players or take it on completely solo.
Some of the features you will see in ARK: Survival Evolved on the Switch are:
- Free exploring the entire mysterious ARK island.
- Hunt, Tame and Ride: Over 80 prehistoric creatures and fantasy monsters like the T-Rex, giant wolves and even a yeti await the players.
- Harvest, research and build: cut down trees, chase food or grow food in your own garden. Players need to develop their skills quickly to survive. Simple wooden huts are gradually being turned into high-tech castles – so together with other players, whole high-tech cities can emerge.
- Extensive building systems allow players to mine and combine the different materials. This results in very own creations in color, texture, and form.
- Intense action with numerous weapons for close and long-range combat. From primitive slingshots to futuristic laser weapons, players can compete for supremacy and battle on land, on water and – thanks to jetpacks – in the air.
- The secret of the ARK is waiting to be aired by the players. Hidden notebooks and numerous hints solve the mystery of the mysterious island.
ARK: Survival Evolved is available now on PC, Xbox One, PS4, and PC. The Switch version will be live around 3 p.m. EST/ 8 p.m GMT today.
You can check out the Nintendo Switch launch trailer and some screenshots for Ark: Survival Evolved, below: