ARK: Survival Evolved on Xbox One has received a new update that allows multiplayer game to run at a native 720p.
Update v739 will up the resolution from 1088×612 to make things look a lot nicer. The UI will render at 1080p, meaning you should get very clear interface.
“Primitive+ is now an official part of ARK: Survival Evolved on Xbox One, which features over 100 new items, weapons, structures, and survival mechanics oriented towards ‘primitive’ style living – effectively doubling the amount of content within ARK!
“Newly available as part of the ARK Official Mods Program today, Primitive+ is a functionality mod playable on official ARK maps, challenging players to use weapons and tools only made of wood and stone, without the benefit of advanced metals to create weapons such as guns. It’s a whole new set of items and detailed mechanics focused on ‘primitive’ survival, which fits snugly in the world of ARK.”
Other Update v739 Content Includes:
- New Item: Fishing Rod + Fishing Mechanic! Be a pro fisherman as you apply varied bait, cast the line, wait for a fish to become ensnared, and then succeed at a mini-game to reel the fish and claim copious rewards!
- New Structure: Industrial Grinder that grinds items into a portion of their crafting resources, then converts resources into simpler resources
- New Structure: Spiral Staircase (Stone/Wood/Metal)
- New Mechanic: Optional Hitmarkers for ranged attacks (server can toggle them, as well as client if the server allows it)
- Building Attack/Destruction TribeLogs
All this comes in addition to the game’s first official expansion, Scorched Earth, which is out today priced £14.99 on PC and Xbox One. You can check out the trailer and some screenshots for it down below. Not sure how to feel about a DLC for a game in early access…