Ark: Survival Evolved Update March 11/12 - Ver. 2.51, Patch Notes, PS5 Visuals and Cluster B
Get ready for Cluster B!
Studio Wildcard’s Ark: Survival Evolved is now well into its fourth year. The survival hit has built a massive fanbase of players who craft, hunt and build, all in the hopes of outliving some monstrous dinosaurs.
The game released on PC, PS4 and Xbox One back in 2017, before hitting the Nintendo Switch and mobile devices in 2018 and is slated for a release on Google Stadia at some point this year.
The game is constantly receiving new tweaks, events and updates from the developers, like the one today. Here are all the details from the Ark Update on March 12 (ver. 2.51)
- COMING SOON – ARK Easter Event
— ARK: Survival Evolved (@survivetheark) March 10, 2021
What’s changing in today’s Ark: Survival Evolved update?
One of the main things changing in today’s update is the PS5 version of the game is receiving a bunch of visual upgrades.
There will also be some changes to PVP with the introduction of “Cluster B” which offers different rewards to usual.
Ark: Survival Evolved March 12 Update – Full Patch Notes
Buckle in – here are the full patch notes for today’s update:
Cluster B launches on the 12th of March at 1 PM Eastern / 10 AM Pacific! See below for the rules and rates of Classic PvP Cluster B servers:
- Experience gain, taming, gathering have been quintupled compared to our standard Official Servers (5x)
- Breeding, hatching, and raising rates have been quadrupled compared to our standard Official Servers (4x)
- Tribes are set to 25 players max
- Tribe alliances are disabled, though informal alliances are allowed
- Servers have a maximum player count of 100
- These maps will be available: The Island, Scorched Earth, Ragnarok, Valguero, and The Center
- Tek dinos (Tek Parasaur, Tek Quetzal, Tek Rex, Tek Raptor, Tek Stego), Paracer, Tapejara, and the Titanosaur are not available for taming on Classic PvP
- All Aberration and Extinction content is unavailable on Classic PvP
- Scaling of weapon damage has been reduced
- No TEK Engrams
- No cave building
- Cryopods enabled
- Tamed Stegosaurus Resistance reduced by 35%
- Tamed Quetzal Resistance reduced by 20%
- Tamed Wyvern Resistance reduced by 20%
- Tamed Wyvern Damage reduced by 20%
- Reaper Queen added to the Valguero Aberration Zone
- Fixed a mesh exploit
- Fixed an exploit that allowed you to avoid turret damage
- Enabled visual enhancements for PS5
- Fixed an exploit which allowed players to avoid taking damage from turrets
- Fixed a mesh exploit
What’s next for the game?
The next expected event within Ark: Survival Evolved will be the Easter event. There’s likely to be a bunch of changes including new items, creatures and activities to get involved in. For many players, the Easter event is one of the most exciting of the year so be sure to get involved!
The next major update is likely to be some time just after March 21.