Today you lovely readers, Software Inc announced that Armored Core 3 Portable, the latest installment in the popular mecha action game series, will be available for download on the PlayStationNetwork on October 22, 2009. Supposedly the Armored Core franchise has sold more than 3.5 million copies worldwide, and the original Armored Core 3 for PlayStation2 has stood the test of time as a firm fan favorite.
This is a direct quote from the developers, including the new features of the portable title:
‘In Armored Core 3 Portable, players battle as members of the mercenary organization “Raven,” piloting customizable mecha Armored Core (AC) units. The ACs are customizable with different weapons and machine parts that can be reconfigured as necessary to complete a variety of combat-intensive missions’
- Over 50 action-packed missions
- Enhanced menu interface and in-game visibility
- Pilot a fully customizable AC unit, configuring weapons, parts, armor color and emblems
- Over 200 parts available to assemble and create your own machine, including parts from the previous games in the series
- PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) Ad Hoc Network support; easily battle up to four friends using a wireless connection
- Challenge opponents nationwide over the Ad Hoc Party on PlayStation®3 (PS3™)
- A new opponent from the Japanese Armored Core novel
- Future-proof data can be saved and transferred to future Armored Core PSP titles‘
Armored Core 3 Portable is rated T for Teen (Violence) (15 in the UK) by the ESRB, and has a purchase price of $14.99 (£10).
Happy spending guys!