Ascendance of a Bookworm Season 3 Gets A New Teaser Visual
Everyone is now wondering when the series will be returning.
A teaser visual for Ascendance of a Bookworm Season 3 was released on 6th August 2021, and fans are going wild. Now, everyone is wondering when the series will be returning.
Ascendance of a Bookworm is a hit anime series based on a novel of the same name. The anime, directed by Mitsuru Hongo, debuted on October 3rd, 2019, and has been going strong since, sitting at 7.9/10 on IMDB. Season 2 was released on 5th April 2020, and now, fans are eagerly anticipating the release of Season 3.
Crunchyroll, who are licensors for the anime, had previously announced that the series would be getting a third season in July 2020 on their Twitter, so fans have waited over a year for news on a release date. Please note: This article may contain spoilers!
- WORD TRIGGER: Season 3 is expected to surpass fan expectations!
Ascendance of a Bookworm Season 3: Everything we Know
The new season is expected to release worldwide in a matter of weeks following its release in Japan to allow time for translations.
It has not yet been confirmed how many episodes there will be in Season 3. However, as season 1 had 12 episodes and Season 2 had 14, we expect the number to be somewhere between this.
New Teaser Visual
Toshihisa Kaiya and Yoshiaki Yanagida are returning as character designers along a fresh face, Haruka Matsunae. And recently, the creators revealed a new teaser visual for the upcoming season; here you go, take a look at it yourself:
- MY HERO ACADEMIA: Deku shows off a new look called Black Deku!
Cast For Season 3 Revealed
Anime News Network has confirmed that “All main cast members are returning from previous seasons.” This means that the cast for Ascendance of a Bookworm Season 3 is expected as follows:
- Yuka Iguchi (Japanese) and Reba Buhr (English) as Myne/Urano Motosu.
- Show Hayami (Japanese) and Armen Taylor (English) as Ferdinand.
- Megumi Nakajima (Japanese) and Lisa Reimold (English) as Tuuli.
- Fumiko Orikasa (Japanese) and Kirsten Day as Effa.
- Tsuyoshi Koyama (Japanese) and Kaiji Tang as Gunther.
- Mutsumi Tamura (Japanese) and Jeannie Tirado (English) as Lutz.
- Satoshi Hino (Japanese) and Joe Zieja (English) as Otto.
- Takehito Koyasu (Japanese) and Xander Mobus (English) as Benno.
- Tomoaki Maeno (Japanese) and Brian Anderson (English) as Mark.
- Hiroshi Naka (Japanese) and Brook Chalmers (English) as Gustav.
- Aya Uchida (Japanese) and Kayli Mills (English) as Freida.
- Yūko Sanpei (Japanese) and Laura Stahl (English) as Gil.
More of the cast and their roles can be seen here.
- ONE PIECE: Release date and time for episode 986 is revealed!
What is The Plot For Season 3?
Please note: This portion of the article may contain spoilers!
Now that Myne is being hunted by the elite, as a result of her magic, she has had to abandon the temple and her people. She has now taken on another name, Rosemyne.
Season 3 will show her continue trying to set up the first printing machine and create the books she loves dearly. This is as she navigates the harsh winter, all while trying to survive and stay hidden from the elites.
Both Seasons 1 and 2 provided similar content to the manga series. However, it was noted that it didn’t follow the chapters directly. Season 3 is expected to follow the books more directly due to fans being slightly disheartened that the emotions shown in the book were not conveyed in the anime. This could mean Season 3, much like previous seasons, will be Split-cour.