Assassin's Creed Rogue Gets a Lot of New Info on Gameplay, the Protagonist, the Story and More
Assassin’s Creed Rogue is being heavily featured by Ubisoft at PAX, and Producer Ivan Balabanov took to the game’s Twitter account to provide a nice bunch of information about the upcoming last-gen incarnation of the franchise.
Here’s a quick and dirty recap of all the info brought by Balabanov:
- Shay will have a variety of outfits.
- There will be a modern day side-story, but no info about that can be given for now.
- The naval experience will be expanded with with features like burning oil, puckle gun and reverse boarding.
- Shay and Haytham have a professional relationship, but nothing more can be said for now.
- Shay will be exposed to first civilization artifacts like previous protagonists.
- Unity and Rogue compliment each other rather than contradict. They’re both part of the same universe. They are also connected.
- The bulk of side missions are related to the Templar experience and Shay hunting down the Assassins. There are also missions related to the Seven Years War.
- The most challenging part of creating the narrative was yo portray a convincing transition from Assassin to Templar, which Balbanov believes the team pulled off well.
- There will be many new weapons in the game.
- Shay’s armor is not the same Edward can find in AC4, it’s just the same style.
- Rogue explains what happens between AC4 and AC3, and why Connor must rebuild the Assassins.
- The game’s music matches the theme, so it can get pretty dark.
- Shay is not a villain. He’s a dark and powerful anti-hero and creating him was really enjoyable.
- The game is set in the North America wilderness, North Atlantic and New York.
- Shay is not part of Desmond’s ancestry.
- Some historical figures from AC4 are returning, but no specifics have been given.
- There won’t be underwater diving in the game.
…And that’s pretty much it. Personally, I’m quite curious about the game, especially since I was a big fan of Assassin’s Creed IV‘s naval battles. I just wonder how many months after the game’s release Ubisoft will take to announce the remastered version for PS4, Xbox One and PC…