Assassin’s Creed Rogue is being heavily featured by Ubisoft at PAX, and Producer Ivan Balabanov took to the game’s Twitter account to provide a nice bunch of information about the upcoming last-gen incarnation of the franchise.
Here’s a quick and dirty recap of all the info brought by Balabanov:
- Shay will have a variety of outfits.
- There will be a modern day side-story, but no info about that can be given for now.
- The naval experience will be expanded with with features like burning oil, puckle gun and reverse boarding.
- Shay and Haytham have a professional relationship, but nothing more can be said for now.
- Shay will be exposed to first civilization artifacts like previous protagonists.
- Unity and Rogue compliment each other rather than contradict. They’re both part of the same universe. They are also connected.
- The bulk of side missions are related to the Templar experience and Shay hunting down the Assassins. There are also missions related to the Seven Years War.
- The most challenging part of creating the narrative was yo portray a convincing transition from Assassin to Templar, which Balbanov believes the team pulled off well.
- There will be many new weapons in the game.
- Shay’s armor is not the same Edward can find in AC4, it’s just the same style.
- Rogue explains what happens between AC4 and AC3, and why Connor must rebuild the Assassins.
- The game’s music matches the theme, so it can get pretty dark.
- Shay is not a villain. He’s a dark and powerful anti-hero and creating him was really enjoyable.
- The game is set in the North America wilderness, North Atlantic and New York.
- Shay is not part of Desmond’s ancestry.
- Some historical figures from AC4 are returning, but no specifics have been given.
- There won’t be underwater diving in the game.
…And that’s pretty much it. Personally, I’m quite curious about the game, especially since I was a big fan of Assassin’s Creed IV‘s naval battles. I just wonder how many months after the game’s release Ubisoft will take to announce the remastered version for PS4, Xbox One and PC…