Assassin's Creed Valhalla Title Update 1.3.2 Patch Notes (October 5)
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla was released nearly a year ago and Ubisoft is still supporting the game now a year later with title update 1.3.2 and the patch notes are here a day early.
This latest update is set to arrive on Tuesday, October 5, and will feature lots of new content, the biggest of which won’t be actually releasing for a couple of weeks. This comes about a month after the previous update that came in early September.
That is the much-awaited Discovery Tour for this game like we’ve seen added to Origins and Odyssey in the past, but there is still plenty available right away in this update.
How Big Is the Patch?
This new patch for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will be available across all platforms, with Ubisoft already revealing the expected file size of the update on each platform.
- Xbox Series X|S: 24.09 GB
- Xbox One: 19.4 GB
- PlayStation 5: 8.54 GB
- PlayStation 4: 10.84 GB
- PC: 20.42 GB
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Title Update 1.3.2 Patch Notes
The Assassin’s Creed Valhalla update 1.3.2 patch notes reveal plenty of details about what this new patch will include.
Most importantly is the support for Discovery Tour: Viking Age, which will not be available in the game for players until October 19. This update is setting the foundation for the update though so that it will be ready to launch on that day.
The rest of the patch features some specific Google Stadia fixes, as well as a lot of game improvements across the various platforms. You can see the full patch notes for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla update 1.3.2 below or on the official Assassin’s Creed Valhalla website.
Discovery Tour: Viking Age
Added support for Discovery Tour: Viking Age, preparing the game for the release on October 19.
Google Stadia – Graphics Mode
Added an option to Google Stadia that allows players to choose between High Framerate or Quality.
- Allows switching between graphic modes for better Performance (prioritize 60 FPS) or Image Quality (prioritize resolution and graphical fidelity features).
- Post-launch skill nodes now have the proper impact on Eivor’s stats
- Territory opportunities will no longer be revealed using Synin when Exploration difficulty is set to Pathfinder.
- Placed the difficulty settings first in the gameplay section.
- Updated descriptions for exploration difficulty.
- Corrected aim-assist parameters order and names for difficulty settings.
- Implemented collapsing/expanding active subcategories via button press.
- Added cycling of filters for entries based on expansions.
- Added a visual overlay, and enabled cycling of filters for entries based on expansions.
Main Quests, World Events, and Side Activities
- The Siege of Paris: Toka was unresponsive during the Warlord of Melun quest.
- The Siege of Paris: Richardis remained stuck if a horse was placed at the cave’s entrance during Sister of Sorrow.
- Wrath of the Druids: Unable to collect prison key during Courting the Kings.
- Eivor could summon mounts during the fight with Fenrir.
- Couldn’t damage enemies in the Hidden Justice world event.
- Avenge Quests could spawn in unreachable locations or on enemies that aren’t hostile.
- Unable to move shelf to pick up Ysmir tear stone near Utangard Chasm in Asgard.
- Unable to break the door to free Goodwin in Reeve of Wincestre.
- (PC) Fenrir boss fight didn’t start if World Details are set to Low on GPU with 6GB VRAM or below.
River Raids and Mastery Challenge
- No points were awarded if the NPCs knocked themselves out by explosion in Wenlocan Trial of the Wolf.
- The game could become unresponsive when Eivor dies during the River Raids exit screen.
- The cargo capacity could lock at 200 regardless of its upgrade level and cannot be repaired.
- New quest prompt for The Sword of Saint George after it was already completed.
- Missing exploration area for clue objective on River Severn and Exe.
- There was no fog of war on River Rhine.
- Jomsvikings didn’t assist Eivor in opening doors at some River Raids locations.
- Max Foreign Supplies are set to 1/1 after completing the main questline.
- Eivor shaking after arriving at River Raids docks. Not gonna lie, I’d be shaking, too.
Graphics, Audio, and Animation
- Numerous graphics or lighting issues.
- Various animation issues.
- Numerous Menu Narration issues
- Instances where Eivor, NPCs, or the longship would get stuck.
- Instances of misplaced or floating objects or textures.
- Wrath of the Druids: Percussion arrow could interrupt Ciara’s special attacks.
- The Siege of Paris: Frankian merchants sold the same tattoo patterns that were already purchased.
- Reaper healing perk triggered when switching equipment.
- Scaling options stopped scaling under certain circumstances.
- Players could buy extra resources by going to different merchants across Francia.
- Numerous issues with the Spinning Harpoon ability.
- Switching whistle to down d-pad and the quick action wheel to left d-pad will make the character pull out a torch when whistling.
- Precision Axe throw didn’t destroy enemies’ weak points.
- Exploration option changes from Custom to Pathfinder after exiting a Mastery Challenge.
- Dismounting any mount in the water made Eivor look like as if they fell from high grounds.
- Numerous UI/HUD issues.
- Numerous colorblind mode issues.
- Couldn’t use keyboard to like Photos.
- Suggested power level didn’t take Power Level Scaling options into account.
- Nightmare difficulty option wasn’t present in the combat difficulty while launching a new game.
- Auto-Assign wasn’t directly usable after opening the Skills menu.
- Auto-Path didn’t work for post-Launch skill branches.
- Infinite loading on saves after completing The Siege of Paris.
- (Xbox Series) Xbox Series X|S not recognizing both gamepad and mouse/keyboard.
Performance and Stability
- Improved performance and stability.
- Addressed an issue where the game could freeze when changing the combat difficulty.
This is far from the major title updates we’ve gotten in the past, as the majority of it is focused on improvements.
What people are really waiting for is the Discovery Tour: Viking Age, which is set to arrive in a couple of weeks on October 19.
In the meantime, make sure you download Assassin’s Creed Valhalla update 1.3.2 when it goes live for all of the other improvements.