Astro Gaming Plays Santa This Holiday Season
“We’re excited to offer both professional and casual gamers alike two exciting new products that will change the way they play at home and on the road,” said Aron Drayer, Director of Marketing, ASTRO Gaming. “The ASTRO MixAmp™ 5.8 improves upon our award-winning MixAmp™ formula by delivering clear, lag-free audio and voice communication wirelessly with no interference by utilizing 5.8 GHz technology. Our new ASTRO A*STAR In-Ear Headset gives mobile, smart phone and tablet gamers a critical lifestyle accessory, with tangle-free cables, a unique design and the unmatched audio quality and iconic design ASTRO Gaming is known for around the world.”
Both of these products will be available this November directly from the ASTRO Gaming’s website. You can pre-order the ASTRO MixAmp 5.8 now for an introductory price of $99.95, or bundled with ASTRO A30 and ASTRO A40 headsets for $199.95 and $249.95. ASTRO A*STAR In-Ear Headset customers can sign-up to reserve black, white or silver units now for only $79.95, with pre-sales going live in mid November and product being shipped early December.
You can find more information as well as the specs for both the ASTRO MixAmp 5.8 and the ASTRO A*STAR In-Ear Headset after the break.The ASTRO MixAmp 5.8 is optimized for ASTRO’s A30 and A40 headsets, ASTRO MixAmp 5.8 also turns any headset into a wireless surround sound experience. Featuring 5.8 GHz wireless technology, the ASTRO MixAmp 5.8 provides crystal-clear audio and voice without interference from other home wireless devices and gives control of the mix levels to the player. Features of the ASTRO MixAmp 5.8 include:
* 7.1 channel Dolby Surround Sound via Dolby Pro Logic IIx decoding and Dolby Headphone Surround Sound output
* 5.8GHz Wireless: this high-powered and secure connection operates on a spectrum relatively free from interference from other wireless devices
* Point-to-Multipoint Pairing (PtMP): pair up to 4 receivers (Rx) with 1 transmitter (Tx), providing support for up four simultaneous users with four independent voice streams on XBox 360, and two independent voice streams on PlayStation 3
* The 56374 DSP from Freescale allows full Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic IIx and Dolby Headphone processing on a single chip, offering one of the best headphone audio experiences possible.
* Bass Expander Mode: injects a subwoofer effect into the soundstage.
* Tuned with ASTRO Audio technology to get the most out of games and other forms of media.
* Compatibility: plug in any headset to use the ASTRO MixAmp 5.8 with both PlayStation 3 and XBox 360 Consoles.
The ASTRO A*STAR In-Ear Headset features an in-line medallion with mic, volume dial and answer/hang up button, flat tangle-resistant cables, a PC splitter, three sizes of ear gels and a handy carrycase. Features of the ASTRO A*STAR Series of In-Ear Headsets include:
* ASTRO Audio – Featuring 9mm drivers and 20 – 20,000 Hz frequency response range, the A*STAR In-Ear Headset have been engineered to deliver clean, clear sound at every frequency, optimized for handheld gaming devices, mobile phones and media players.
* Control Medallion – The A*STAR control center includes a highly sensitive, wind-shielded mic and easily accessible controls for call answer/hang up, play/pause, mic mute and volume controls.
* Flat Cables – Durable and highly-conductive, with the added benefit of resisting tangles
* Carry Case – Multi-function pocketsize soft case to comfortably hold your A*STAR along with a portable audio or mobile phone device.