The British developer Eutechnyx announced today the initial car lineup for the beta testing (scheduled to begin in July) of their upcoming MMO racer Auto Club Revolution, featuring a mix of fifteen cars ranging from sporty hot hatches to exotics.
Hit the jump for the complete list and a lovely batch of screenshots and renders of the announced cars.
1. 2005 Bugatti EB16/4 Veyron (Exotic)
2. 1993 McLaren F1 (Exotic)
3. 2006 Koenigsegg CCX (Super Car)
4. 2006 Pagani Zonda F (Super Car)
5. 2008 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (Super Car)
6. 2008 BMW M3 Coupe (E92) (Performance)
7. 2008 Lotus Elise SC (Cruiser)
8. 2008 Mazda RX-8 Type RS (Cruiser)
9. 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X FQ400 (Performance)
10. 2008 Nissan GTR (High Performance)
11. 2008 Mini John Cooper Works (Hot Hatch)
12. 2006 Volkwagen Golf R32 (Hot Hatch)
13. 2008 BMW 135i (Cruiser)
14. 2008 Vauxhall Astra VXR Nürburgring (Hot Hatch)
15. 2009 Volkswagen Scirocco R (Cruiser)
According to Darren Jobling (Eutechnix COO), the fifteen initial cars scheduled to be present in the beta are “the very tip of the iceberg in terms of automotive content for Auto Club Revolution. The free-to-play and online nature of our game means we are able to quickly add new batches of cars we have created on a regular basis.”
He also states: “As we build out the Auto Club Revolution’s game content, players can expect to find a huge range of cars, including historic, collectors and current models alongside exclusive previews and first looks at the concept cars of tomorrow.”
The Auto Club Revolution project seems indeed a quite ambitious one. The game is built on an engine with full simulation potential and sports full support from major car manufacturers that provided official CAD data to create the 3D models and approve each finished ride individually.