Though the memories of 2014 are long behind many gamers at this point, many outlets and organizations are still taking the early months of the year to recognize the achievements and best games of last year, with one of the biggest revealing their winners this week.
The BAFTA Games Awards 2015 has unveiled their list of winners from this year’s award ceremony, following a list of nominees published last month and including several of the year’s most high-profile releases like Destiny, Far Cry 4, and Dragon Age: Inquisition competing with many of the most acclaimed indie releases like Monument Valley and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.
The awards ceremony took place this week with Destiny taking the top prize for Best Game, giving Bungie their fourth BAFTA win and first outside of the Halo series, with other notable wins including several awards for The Last of Us: Left Behind and wins for Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor and Far Cry 4.
The full list of winners from the BAFTA Games Awards 2015 is below:
- Best Game: Destiny (Bungie)
- Games Fellowship: David Braben
- Artistic Achievement: Lumino City (State of Play Games)
- Game Innovation: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (The Astronauts)
- Audio Achievement: Alien: Isolation (Creative Assembly)
- Mobile & Handheld: Monument Valley (Ustwo)
- Multiplayer: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft (Blizzard)
- Music: Far Cry 4 (Ubisoft Montreal – Cliff Martinez, Tony Gronick, Jerome Angelot)
- Original IP: Valiant Hearts (Ubisoft Montpellier – Yoan Fanise, Paul Tumelaire, Simon Choquet)
- Performer: Ashley Johnson (Ellie, The Last of Us: Left Behind)
- Game Design: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (Monolith Productions)
- Story: The Last of Us: Left Behind (Naughty Dog – Neil Druckmann)
- Family: Minecraft Console Editions (Mojang)
- Sport: OlliOlli (Roll7 – John Ribbins, Simon Bennett, Tom Hegarty)
- Persistent Game: League of Legends (Riot Games)
- Debut Game: Never Alone (Upper One Games)
- British Game: Monument Valley (Ustwo)
- Ones to Watch: Chambara (Overly Kinetic)