Baldur's Gate 3 First Update Targets Crashes, Available Now
Larian Studios wipes out all crash problems in Baldur's Gate 3 with the first update of the game.
Two days earlier on October 6th, Baldur’s Gate 3 officially launched in the Early Access phase on Steam. Today, the developers rolled out the very first post-launch patch which is supposed to fix game crashes.
According to the patch notes, the first update is going to fix crash issues and apply some fixes to gameplay bugs such as Pickups, Inventory UI, and some lobby problems. The new update won’t fix any issue related to the multiplayer section of the game, but developers have promised to tackle those problems as well in the near future. Here are all the patch notes for the first update:
- Fixed a crash related to using rush-type actions.
- Fixed a crash related to the target camera.
- Fixed a crash in character creation.
- Fixed a crash during dialogs.
- Fixed overlapping items inside the inventory views.
- Fixed “Pickup” and “Pickup And Add To Wares” inside containers.
- Fixed a player assignment issue when someone would leave from a full multiplayer party. The leftover character can now be assigned correctly.
- Fixed an issue with summons showing up as regular companions
- Fixed an issue where players could not ready up when other players joined the lobby.
- Fixed being able to move immovable objects.
Baldur’s Gate 3 is surely one of the biggest RPG titles of this year and was one of the most anticipated games of 2020 that launched earlier this week. Developed by Larian Studios, the team behind critically acclaimed Divinity Original Sin 2, Baldur’s Gate 3 has brought a superbly entertaining classic RPG experience with nearly 20 hours of story-mode in the Early Access version.
During the short period after its launch, Baldur’s Gate 3 has reached many viewers at Twitch and most of the Steam users have rated it positively so far. One of the game’s most impressive parts is loads of options available in the character creation system that allows you to create your protagonist in the way you want, as realistic as ever.
Currently, there’s no official window for when Baldur’s Gate 3 will exit the Early Access phase to be launched as a completed game. The only confirmed platform for the game is PC so far.