Bandai Namco Confirms Jump Force Roster is Complete; More Characters Coming as DLC
Here's the full roster for Jump Force at launch. Maybe your favorite Shonen Jump character will be added as DLC.
Today, Bandai Namco United States confirmed that all playable characters in Jump Force at launch have been revealed. You can find below what the company answered when asked if other playable characters will join Jump Force‘s roster before the game’s launch:
Nope! The roster is complete!Advertisement
— Bandai Namco US (@BandaiNamcoUS) February 6, 2019
Jump Force’s roster is made of characters from Shonen Jump Magazine, the most famous manga pre-publication magazine in the world. Here’s the list in alphabetical order of all manga and characters in Jump Force:
- Black Clover: Asta
- Bleach: Ichigo Kurosaki, Rukia Kuchiki, Sosuke Aizen, Renji Abarai
- City Hunter: Ryo Saeba
- Dragon Ball Z: Son Goku, Vegita, Freeza, Cell, Piccolo, Trunks
- Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai: Dai
- JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Jotaro Kujo, Dio
- Fist of the North Star: Kenshiro
- Rurouni Kenshin: Kenshin Himura, Makoto Shishio
- Hunter X Hunter: Gon Freecss, Killua Zoldyck, Kurapika, Hisoka
- My Hero Academia: Izuku Midoriya
- Naruto/Boruto: Naruto Uzumaki, Sasuke Uchiha, Boruto Uzumaki, Gaara, Kakashi Hatake, Kaguya Otsutsuki
- One Piece: Monkey D. Luffy, Roronoa Zoro, Sanji, Sabo, Black Beard/Marshall D. Teach, Boa Hancock
- Saint Seiya: Pegasus Seiya, Dragon Shiryu
- Yu-Gi-Oh!: Yugi Mutou
- Yu Yu Hakusho: Yusuke Urameshi, Younger Toguro
One important reminder is that while he appears in the game, Death Note‘s Light Yagami isn’t actually playable. There are also four original characters designed by Akira Toriyama in Jump Force, two of which playable: Galena and Kane, for a total of 42 playable characters.
Jump Force‘s roster doesn’t take risks, and only include protagonists and the most popular characters from the most popular Shonen Jump manga. I’d say the only surprise is the inclusion of Dai from Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai. As far as I know, Dai was never ever playable in a video game until now.
If your favorite Shonen Jump character isn’t in the game, they might be coming later in the form of DLC. At least nine DLC characters are already confirmed, as detailed in the official description of Jump Force‘s Ultimate Edition, containing a Season Pass.
Seeing the roster, it’s highly probable these DLC characters will be, again, from the most currently popular series: Naruto/Boruto, One Piece and Dragon Ball. You shouldn’t expect Medaka Kurokami from Medaka Box or Train Heartnet and Eve/Golden Darkness from Black Cat/To Love-Ru to show up, though I’d love to see them. And I’m still waiting for Slam Dunk. Perhaps Death Note‘s Light and Ryuk will be made playable through DLC as well.
This post contains affiliate links where DualShockers gets a small commission on sales. Any and all support helps keep DualShockers as a standalone, independent platform for less-mainstream opinions and news coverage.