The Banner Saga Trilogy will soon be coming to a close with the upcoming release of The Banner Saga 3, and to celebrate, the folks behind the series have an interesting proposal for fans: make a trailer.
That’s right: there’s a contest airing right now for fans to make their own trailer from trailers and images provided, footage from the game that players have captured, or players’ own artwork. The prize? Bragging rights and $4500. Additionally, the runner-up will get a digital copy of the Banner Saga Trilogy Deluxe Edition on PC, while three third place winners will receive a digital copy of Banner Saga 3 on the platform of their choice.
The contest begins at 10:00 am, Pacific Time on 28th June, 2018 and ends at 11:59 pm, Pacific Time on 20th July, 2018. Requirements for all entries are:
- Trailers must be your original creation using the assets provided in combination with assets you own or have the proper permission to use. Submissions should not infringe on any other party’s rights or content including trademarks, logos, game capture, etc.
- Submissions should not be any longer than 5 minutes.
- You should aim for the highest quality for your trailer. We recommend 1080p or 720p.
- Your trailer must include the title, “My Banner Saga – Recap”.
- In the description of your trailer we recommend including your own explanation of your video direction in about 2-3 sentences plus links to both bannersaga.com and Embark on your own Banner Saga.
Winners will be announced July 25, 2018. If you’re interested in entering and want to check out the full terms and conditions, you can do so at The Banner Saga website here.
As for their upcoming game, The Banner Saga 3 will release for PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch, PC, and Mac on July 26th, 2018. In addition to the trailer, you can check out our interview with Stoic Studio on their plans for the series in the future.