Batman: Arkham Origins Will Be Getting New Patches to Fix Gameplay Issues
The team at WB studios has released an official statement apologizing for and addressing ongoing issues for their latest Batman Arkham title, Batman: Arkham Origins.
Among these issues include crashing, freezing, lack of continue option, infinite falling and other serious bugs. The following issues have been resolved and can be patched with an update (requires an internet connection):
- Infinite Falling/Falling Out Of World (All platforms)– Some players have been stuck in an endless loop of falling, making it impossible to complete certain missions and progress through the single-player campaign. We believe we have identified the issue and are currently testing the software update, which will push most players back to their previous save so that they will not be stuck in an infinite loop.
- Unable To Continue Story (All Platforms)– Some players can see their story progress in the main menu, but once they choose the story slot they don’t see an option to “Continue” and only “New Game” shows up. This issue should be resolved and the “Continue” option will once again be available.
- FreeFlow Focus mode not unlocking upon reaching “Shadow Vigilante” rank 3 (All Platforms) will be fixed.
Specific to the PC, an update that addresses the above issues, as well as the following, recently went live:
- Fix for progression blocker keeping some players from navigating through the vent in the Burnley tower.
The following issues have yet to be patched and the developers are continuing to investigate:
- Corrupted Saves (Xbox 360 only)– Players have reported losing their saved game to data corruption. Specifically, when you try to choose a story slot to continue, it says “Corrupted” and if you select it, an error message appears which says, “The save is corrupt. Please delete it.” We believe we know what is causing this and need a few more days to validate before pushing a patch through.
- Ongoing Crashing/Freezing Issues (Xbox 360 only)– Players have reported recurring crashing and freezing while playing the game. We have been working hard to track down and resolve the problem as quickly as possible. We believe we know what is causing these issues and need a few more days to validate before pushing this patch through. In the meantime, some players have managed to avoid the freezing by disconnecting their console from the Internet while playing.