Battle Princess Madelyn’s Kickstarter Concludes; Obliterates Funding Goal
Battle Princess Madelyn’s Kickstarter has concluded, raising 354 percent of its funding target, and attracting $212,665 CA across 3,402 backers.
Developer Casual Bit Games — specifically creative director Christopher Obitsch — accompanied the closing of said Kickstarter with the following statement:
“The campaign for Battle Princess Madelyn was an incredible and humbling experience. We honestly didn’t anticipate such a strong response for our game and it’s absolutely overwhelming hearing how people can relate to Maddi’s story. With this level of funding we will deliver our vision and make the game the very best it can be.”
Additionally, the developer also revealed that if you want to support the game but were unable to pledge on Kickstarter, that you can now support it via a Paypal Store. How long the Paypal Store will be up wasn’t divulged, but Casual Bit Games did say it will only run for a “limited time period.” Like the Kickstarter, you will have access to the backer rewards. Any funds collected will continue towards the final two stretch goals that were not achieved during the campaign (the game achieved 17 Kickstarter goals before failing to hit the last two).
Never heard of Battle Princess Madelyn? No problem: here’s an overview of the game via its Steam listing:
Battle Princess Madelyn is a game that follows the journey of a young knight in training, Madelyn, and her ghostly pet dog, Fritzy. They set out on a journey to save her kingdom and her family from the clutches of an evil wizard.
Set in the vein of classic Ghouls N’ Ghosts and Wonder Boy 3: The Dragon’s Trap, the instantly classic and familiar gameplay will transport old-school gamers back to their heyday, and the self-adjusting difficulty will allow for even the most novice of gamer to pick up and play!
Join Madelyn as she battles through graveyards, swamps, castles, the countryside and more! Polished gameplay, breath taking visuals, jaw-dropping dual soundtracks and epic adventures await!
HOT GAMEPLAY FEATURES!Advertisement
- A mix of fast paced classic arcade action with the adventure elements of classic console games from the golden age of console gaming.
- Amazingly detailed hand drawn pixel art brought to life by the magical lighting of the Unity Engine.
- Battle Princess Madelyn can be played through quickly as an arcade game, or for the full experience stop at towns to help the locals! How you play to complete the story depends on your personal choice!
- Find all of the collectibles hidden throughout the stages for extra rewards, and additional hidden stages!
- 10 levels, each of which include up to 5 stages – including 1 or 2 branching hidden stages!
- Fully re-playable stages at any point – if you’ve unlocked it, you can play it as much as you want!
- Combo meters for destroying and juggling enemies!
- 10 types of weapons which change with the 3 sets of armor found in game!
- Up to 10 unique enemies per level!
- Your ghostly dog companion, Fritzy, gains powers as you progress through the game allowing you to unlock puzzles and otherwise inaccessible areas of stages!
- Special weapons for special occasions! If an area calls for a unique ability, search the area for the needed item!
- An original story written by a professional children’s author.
- A story that spans the globe and time! A story told by her grandfather while she is sick, Madelyn will experience life as her magical portal traveling counter part and will save her family no matter where they are in the world.
AN AMAZING DUAL SOUNDTRACK!
- Two completely different soundtracks to suit your tastes! Classic Arcade FM/PCM to set the hectic pacing, or Modern Orchestrated to set the mood for the scene!
- Arcade Soundtrack by Gryzor87 of Maldita Castila fame!
- Orchestrated Soundtrack by John McCarthy of Nintendo Quest fame!
- Masterfully crafted pixel art by vetern pixel artist Christopher Obritsch.
- Amazing visual cut scenes to help tell the story between the action
- Dynamic lighting to add depth to the detailed pixel art!
CLASSIC GAMEPLAY WITH A TWIST!
Madelyn’s pet ghost dog “Fritzy” acts as both a weapon and a way to solve puzzles, allowing the player to strategize boss fights and manoeuver puzzles.
Battle Princess Madelyn is in development for Nintendo Switch, Wii U, PS4, PS Vita, Xbox One, and PC. A release date has not been divulged.