Battleborn’s New Hero Pendles Gets a Release Date
Battleborn‘s second hero’s release date has been announced as August 4. The snake-like hero Pendles will be the second of five characters to be added to the roster for free. Here’s what you need to know about the new addition:
“A cold-blooded killer, Pendles hails from the same water-world as Alani, Akopos. As most adolescent Roa do, Pendles left home to explore and learn about other cultures. Completely unimpressed with these new learnings, Pendles found more enjoyment in murdering those cultures. Even better, people would pay him for his new found hobby. Don’t let his sweet pair of sneakers fool you. This assassin will sneak up behind you, poison you, eviscerate you with duel kamas, then slink away again in a blink of his one remaining eye.”
Publisher 2K Games also mentioned that you can have early access to Pendles if you’re a season pass holder. Meaning that you can enjoy the new hero from July 28, a full six days before the official release. Pendles will be available on August 4 for a small fee of 47,500 in-game credits.
2K Games have also announced, along with a slew of new content, that three more mystery heroes to be released from now until fall this year. As well as free character additions, this also includes:
- 5 more heroes, bringing the total to 30
- Alani – released May 31st, 2016
- Pendles – coming soon in July
- Three more heroes to be revealed in late Summer through the Fall
- Three new PVP Maps in the next couple of weeks, one for each mode
- Broadcaster Mode coming hopefully next month
- Broadcaster mode will allow you to spectate the battlefield using a set of third-person camera controls to follow players on either team, jump to points of interest, or to move freely around the battlefield in Private Versus Matches.
- In-game Reporting, our goal is to include it in the next major patch update for July
- In the interest of making it easier to report players who are trying to ruin the fun for everyone, we’ve created an in-game reporting function that will be accessible through the scoreboard and allow you to flag players who are suspected of cheating, abandoning games, or ruining the overall experience.
- Matchmaking Adjustments: Ongoing
- We regularly adjust and tweak matchmaking parameters in order to keep improving the matchmaking process. In fact, we’ll be testing out an overhaul to the matchmaking system starting later this week.
- Hero Balancing: Ongoing
- As we gather data from matches and mission, we’ll continue to adjust and refine hero balance in the game. You can expect a bigger adjustment to 24 of the 26 characters likely coming in the next couple of weeks.
- Lore Challenges: Upcoming major patch
- We are working on adjustments to lore requirements as well as how those requirements are tracked.
- New PVP mode this Fall
- Another new PVP mode in late Fall or Winter
- Weekly hot fixes as well as regular updates and patches