Battlefield 1 Gets Even More Gameplay Details: Tanks, Classes, Weapons and Much More
Battlefield 1 is going back to World War I, but we don’t have an awful lot of details yet. Luckily YouTube user Jackfrags attended a presentation in London, and released a video talking about the gameplay footage that was showcased behind closed door there, and the gameplay information that were provided.
You can see the video at the bottom of the post, and here’s a quick recap of the main details:
- Multiplayer will include the forest of Argonne, desert maps set in Africa or the Middle East, the Alps in Italy and French Villages.
- infantry classes are Assault, Medic, Support and Scout.
- The assault is a close quarter class carrying sub-machine guns, shotguns and anti-tank grenades.
- The medic carries medkits and probably semi-automatic rifles.
- The support carries light machine guns, provides ammo to comrades and repairs vehicles.
- The scout is a sniper class and can use rifles with a side-mounted optic.
- There is dynamite and you can detonate it with a plunger.
- Melee weapons include sabers, trench maces, bayonets and spades. They have different characteristics. Some have better reach and some are faster.
- Takedown animations are very quick.
- The trailer shows fighters, but there are also bombers available. They can drop ordinance on the battlefield.
- Tanks that were shown behind closed doors are the British Mark IV (that also appeared in the trailer), the German A7V Sturmpanzerwagen and the French Renault FT-17.
- Some tanks can carry a squad of five players.
- The Vickers Crossley Armored Car Model 25 is also in the game.
- Tanks play and feel very different from each other, with different weapons, speed and nuances, as opposed to Battlefield 4 in which they’re pretty much mirrors.
- There’s a lot more destriction in the game than in previous games, stepping away from scripted Levolution and back to dynamic destruction.
- There will be a persistent squad system. You can squad up with four other players (five total) and you’ll always be in that squad.
- Some sort of weapon of customization will be available, providing different flavors of each weapon.
- Stationary machine guns and anti-arcraft guns are also in the game.
- A short clip of someone carrying a weapon while riding a horse was shown behind closed doors.