Battlefield 1’s Latest Update Will Let You Try DLC Maps For Free
DICE's Battlefield 1 has received an update alongside a new, free nighttime map.
Yesterday, DICE’s hugely popular World War 1 shooter Battlefield 1 received a new update alongside a brand new multiplayer map that’s free to all players.
The update, titled “Prise De Tahure,” adds premium trials, timed events that’ll allow players who don’t own the game’s premium pass to try new and upcoming maps. It’s very similar to premium friends, which allows you to party up and play with friends who already own the game’s premium pass or DLC. Unlocks and spawning in vehicles will be restricted to premium pass owners on the DLC maps during premium trials.
Alongside premium trials, the update is adding a slew of new changes to maps, modes, and UI with some other minor fixes to the overall game too.
Maps and modes:
- Soissons: Adjusted Flag D capture area in Frontlines to improve map balance.
- Nivelle Nights: Fixed a bug where the Out of Bounds grayscale screen-effect would sometimes fail to enable.
- Nivelle Nights: Fixed an issue where field kits in sector five in a Rush game could be used before the sector was active.
- Fort de Vaux: Players should no longer be able to get on top of the fort around the courtyard area.
- Fixed issue where the “Player-Created Content” option was grayed-out, unusable, and set to “Hide” after booting the title without a network connection.
- Fixed the wrong transport driver chase camera caption in the controls UI.
- The networking issues icons will not show up in Spectator Mode anymore.
- Updated the Map Voting system to exclude the previous map (as well as the current map) from the random selection pool to prevent the possible A-B-A-B map play pattern.
- Game will now cancel matchmaking whenever backing out of the Operations globe screen. This to prevent a lingering blur state of the globe.
- Synchronized damage taken effect to the actual shooter networked state. Previously it lead to out of sync effects where the shooter was not yet visible.
- Fixed a rare client crash that could occur when a player joined late and a player just dropped/picked up a weapon.
- Fixed a disconnect issue that could occur when loading a map.
- Implemented a lenient latency setting where players are not penalized for having a higher ping.
Battlefield 1 also got a brand new nighttime map as well. “Prise De Tahure” puts players in the role of German and French soldiers in the Champagne-Ardennes region. This is the second free nighttime map this Summer, last month DICE released the first map “Nivelle Nights.”
Battlefield 1′s next upcoming DLC “In the Name of the Tsar“ will be available in September. It’ll bring players to the largest front of the war, Russia, and for the first time in Battlefield history, the game will add female soldiers into the mix as well.
Battlefield 1 is available now on Xbox One, PS4, and PC.