Star Wars Battlefront II Was the Most Popular Title on YouTube at E3 2017
Star Wars Battlefront 2 was the most viewed game at E3 2017.
According to YouTube Trends, Star Wars Battlefront II was the most views out of any title announced at E3 2017.
This accolade includes fan-made reaction trailers, media coverage, trailers, and gameplay, making Star Wars Battlefront II the most viewed game, as well as the game with the most viewed trailer, with nearly eight million views.
Four of the ten titles in the top ten list were from EA, meaning that EA’s departure from E3 has not hurt the visibility of the games during the show.
On the whole, the list includes a variety of genres from sports, to shooters, and RPGs which speaks to the growing diversity of the industry.
Below you can see the ranking relative to single trailers, with Star Wars Battlefront II still at the top.
- Star Wars Battlefront II: Official Gameplay Trailer – 7.9M views
- Super Mario Odyssey – Game Trailer – Nintendo E3 2017 – 5.5M views
- Marvel’s Spider-Man (PS4) 2017 E3 Gameplay – 4.5M views
- FIFA 18 | THE JOURNEY: HUNTER RETURNS | OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER – 4.0M views
- Need for Speed Payback Official Gameplay Trailer – 3.4M views
- Official Call of Duty: WWII ? Multiplayer Reveal Trailer – 3.3M views
- Forza Motorsport 7 – E3 2017 – 4K Announce Trailer – 3.1M views
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: E3 2017 Announcement Trailer | Ubisoft [US] – 3.0M views
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole: E3 2017 Official Trailer ? Time to Take a Stand | Ubisoft [US] – 2.7M views
- Assassin’s Creed Origins: E3 2017 Gameplay Trailer [4K] | Ubisoft [US] – 2.6M views
You can check out our preview of Star Wars Battlefront II here. While it may have been the most popular game at the convention, only time will tell if the game improves upon its 2015 predecessor.