See the world through the eyes of a bee in Bee Simulator, developed by Varsav Games Studio, coming later this year. Compete with other bees in races, collect pollen, perform waggle dances, and explore a world inspired by Central Park in New York.
When the first rays of sunlight rise above the horizon, the beehive slowly wakes up. Hierarchy and diligence are vital for the wellbeing of the whole swarm. So you check your wings, measure the antennae degree of deviation, take orders from the Queen, and bee-gin your first independent mission. A hard working day awaits you. You will take part in races, collect pollen, face your enemies, help other bees, (if they get in trouble) and perform waggle dances to show the way to your lost sisters.
You will also get to know the park that surrounds your home and all its inhabitants. Your schedule suddenly changes when you learn that people want to cut down the tree that holds your hive. Now your fate – and the fate of your whole family – lies in your small, agile legs and fast wings!
Łukasz Rosiński, Creative Director of Varsav Game Studios says of the inspiration behind the game:
“One evening, when I was reading a book about bees to my daughter, I realized that the life of a family of bees is a premade script waiting for a family game. As a parent, I find it important to spend time together on activities we all find interesting and attractive. We designed the Bee Simulator to be such a game”
“Through the game, the players will learn fun facts about the life of bees, and explore a beautiful world from the perspective of a tiny insect. The split-screen mode will allow you to get to know your colony in a cheerful and entertaining way. We made sure that controlling the flight of the bee will be intuitive for even the youngest players”
Bee Simulator will have many features to keep the most adventurous gamer satisfied like take part in a race and show your sisters who has the fastest wings in the swarm, perform your famous waggle dance and show your sisters the way back to the hive and visit even the deepest corners to look for rare plants and special flowers in order to collect the best pollen. Let’s take a look at some of Bee Simulator’s main features:
- A unique chance to see the macro scale world from the micro perspective of a honeybee
- A realistic representation of a place inspired by Central Park
- Three diverse modes enriched with educational elements
- Single-player story mode presents you with a family of bees. Can you save the hive from the threat of human beings?
- Exploration mode allows you to freely discover a world inspired by Central Park in New York.
- split-screen mode can be either used for cooperation or competition. It includes an additional map that makes the game even more fascinating.
- A possibility to interact with the surroundings: people, animals, plants, and other insects
- Lack of violence – it’s a perfect choice for parents seeking a game to safely play with their children
- Relaxing music composed by Mikołaj Stroiński, who was responsible for the soundtrack of such games as The Witcher 3 and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.
You can check out the Gamescom 2018 trailer of Bee Simulator below and also some in-game screenshots below
Bee Simulator will come to PC this year with PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch releases to follow at a later date