Pokemon GO: Best Great League Team - GO Battle League Season 9
The Ninth Season of Pokemon GO’s GO Battle League is now upon us and with it, a whole bunch of new rewards players can earn.
The season is due to run all the way through until the end of November, with the leagues switching up on a fairly regular basis.
We’re now undertaking the second half of the season and are back into the Great League rotation.
So, with that in mind, here are the best Pokemon you can choose and what we think are the best team choices for the Great League in Season 9.
How Long Will The Great League Last?
The Great League kicks off today (Monday, August 30) and will finish on Monday, September 13.
From September 13 onwards, the Great League will be replaced by the Ultra League and the Ultra League Remix.
That means players will have two weeks to assemble and battle with the best Great League team in the GO Battle League for Season 9.
To build the best team for the Great League in GO Battle League Season 9, you’ll need to first know what the best Pokemon are.
According to PVPoke, the following are the best selection of monsters that you can take into battle with you:
- Medicham (XL) – Counter/Ice Punch/Psychic
- Stunfisk (Galarian) – Mud Shot/Rock Slide/Earthquake
- Azumarill (XL) – Bubble/Ice Beam/Hydro Pump
- Jellicent – Bubble/Bubble Beam/Shadow Ball
- Altaria – Dragon Breath/Sky Attack/Dragon Pulse
- Bastiodon (XL) – Smack Down/Stone Edge/Flamethrower
- Registeel – Lock On/Focus Blast/Flash Cannon
- Machamp (Shadow) – Counter/Cross Chop/Rock Slide
- Sableye (XL) – Shadow Claw/Foul Play/Return
- Swampert – Mud Shot/Hydro Cannon/Sludge Wave
- Cresselia – Psycho Cut/Grass Knot/Moonblast
- Skarmory – Air Slash/Brave Bird/Sky Attack
- Deoxys (Defense) – Counter/Psycho Boost/Thunderbolt
- Cofagrigus – Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball/Psychic
- Scrafty – Counter/Foul Play/Power-Up Punch
- Diggersby (XL) – Mud Shot/Fire Punch/Earthquake
- Abomasnow (Shadow) – Powder Snow/Weather Ball/Energy Ball
- Lickitung (XL) – Lick/Body Slam/Power Whip
- Ninetales (Alolan) – Powder Snow/Weather Ball/Dazzling Gleam
- Whiscash – Mud Shot/Mud Bomb/Blizzard
- Zweilous – Dragon Breath/Body Slam/Dark Pulse
- Dewgong – Ice Shard/Icy Wind/Water Pulse
- Mandibuzz – Snarl/Foul Play/Aerial Ace
- Drifblim – Hex/Icy Wind/Shadow Ball
- Umbreon – Snarl/Foul Play/Last Resort
- Wobbuffet (XL) – Counter/Return/Mirror Coat
- Meganium – Vine Whip/Frenzy Plant/Earthquake
- Quagsire – Mud Shot/Earthquake/Stone Edge
- Venusaur – Vine Whip/Frenzy Plant/Sludge Bomb
- Politoed (Shadow) – Mud Shot/Weather Ball/Earthquake
- Nidoqueen (Shadow) – Poison Jab/Poison Fang/Earth Power
- Froslass – Powder Snow/Shadow Ball/Avalanche
- Lucario – Counter/Power-Up Punch/Shadow Ball
- Vigorith – Counter/Body Slam/Bulldoze
- Wigglytuff – Charm/Ice Beam/Play Rough
- Chesnaught – Vine Whip/Superpower/Energy Ball
- Beedrill (Shadow) – Poison Jab/X-Scissor/Drill Run
- Castform Rainy (XL) – Water Gun/Weather Ball/Thunder
Best Great League Team Choices – GO Battle League Season 9
While there’s never a definitive “Best Team” for the Great League in GO Battle League Season 9, below are a few suggestions that we think will perform well:
- Azumarill/Stunfisk (Galarian)/Abomasnow
They are by no means guaranteed to win every battle, however, they cover a lot of strengths and weaknesses and should put you in a good position.