Pokemon GO Best Kanto Cup Team - GO Battle League Season 9
After a short voting period, Pokemon GO players have decided on the game’s next special GO Battle League Cup.
With a variety of options on the table, including the Little Cup, Kanto Cup, Retro Cup and Element Cup, players voted for the return of the Kanto Cup.
So, to try and help you get ahead of the competition, here is the best Kanto Cup team selections we think you can make in the Pokemon GO GO Battle League Season 9.
What Are The Rules of The Kanto Cup?
The Kanto Cup won the players’ choice vote that took place through November which means the following rules are active:
- Pokedex number must be between 001 and 151
- Max CP = 1,500
What this does mean, however, is that Pokemon with regional variants are still eligible.
Best Kanto Cup Pokemon For Your Team
According to PVPoke, the following are the best 30 choices you can have in your Kanto Cup Team:
- Chansey XL – Pound/Psychic/Hyper Beam
- Nidoqueen – Poison Jab/Poison Fang/Earth Power
- Lickitung XL – Lick/Body Slam/Power Whip
- Lapras – Ice Shard/Surf/Skull Bash
- Ninetales – Fire Spin/Weather Ball/Overheat
- Beedrill – Poison Jab/Drill Run/X-Scissor
- Hypno – Confusion/Thunder Punch/Shadow Ball
- Pidgeot – Gust/Feather Dance/Brave Bird
- Muk (Alolan) – Poison Jab/Acid Spray/Dark Pulse
- Grimer (Alolan) XL – Poison Jab/Crunch/Sludge Bomb
- Sandslash (Alolan) – Powder Snow/Ice Punch/Bulldoze
- Dewgong – Ice Shard/Icy Wind/Water Pulse
- Snorlax – Lick/Body Slam/Superpower
- Golbat (Shadow) – Wing Attack/Poison Fang/Shadow Ball
- Dragonair – Dragon Breath/Aqua Tail/Dragon Pulse
- Sandshrew (Alolan) XL – Powder Snow/Night Slash/Blizzard
- Graveler (Alolan) – Volt Switch/Rock Blast/Stone Edge
- Muk – Poison Jab/Dark Pulse/Thunder Punch
- Marowak (Alolan) – Fire Spin/Shadow Bone/Bone Club
- Mew – Shadow Claw/Surf/Wild Charge
- Machamp (Shadow) – Counter/Cross Chop/Rock Slide
- Raticate (Alolan) – Quick Attack/Crunch/Hyper Fang
- Golem (Alolan) – Volt Switch/Rock Blast/Stone Edge
- Blastoise – Water Gun/Hydro Cannon/Skull Bash
- Omastar (Shadow) – Mud Shot/Rock Slide/Hydro Pump
- Venusaur – Vine Whip/Frenzy Plant/Sludge Bomb
- Mewtwo (Shadow) – Psycho Cut/Psystrike/Shadow Ball
- Ninetales (Alolan) – Powder Snow/Weather Ball/Dazzling Gleam
- Articuno – Ice Shard/Icy Wind/Hurricane
- Seaking – Poison Jab/Drill Run/Icy Wind
Best Team Choices
Here are five Kanto Cup Team choices that we think give you the best chance of winning.
- Snorlax/Alolan Sandslash/Dragonair
- Alolan Marowak/Machamp/Lickitung
They’ve been formulated in a way that covers a range of opposition weaknesses and avoids Super Effective damage against our Pokemon. If you follow this idea, you should win more than you lose.