Pokemon GO: Best Master League Team - GO Battle League Season 7, March/April 2021
Here are some of the best teams you can use in the Pokemon GO Master League.
We’re now moving into the third stage of Season Seven’s Pokemon GO GO Battle League.
Following on from the recent Ultra League, players are now about to do battle in the Master League. The league that is littered with Legendary Pokemon.
One thing with Pokemon GO, is the release of new moves and Pokemon often causes the PVP meta to shift around.
Considering the recent changes, here are some of the best Master League teams we think could work in this edition of the GO Battle League.
- MORE POKEMON GO – April 2021 Upcoming Events – Community Day, Raid Bosses and More
Top 25 Pokemon
According to PVP ranking website PvPoke.com, here are the top 25 picks for the Master League and its upcoming round (I’ve tried to avoid repeating Shadow/XL/Standard/Shadow XL Pokemon in the list):
- Swampert (Shadow XL/XL) – Mud Shot/Hydro Cannon/Earthquake
- Groudon – Mud Shot/Fire Punch/Earthquake
- Melmetal (XL) – Thunder Shock/Superpower/Rock Slide
- Giratina (Origin) – Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball/Ominous Wind
- Gyarados (Shadow XL/XL) – Dragon Breath/Aqua Tail/Crunch
- Mewtwo – Psycho Cut/Psystrike/Focus Blast
- Zekrom – Dragon Breath/Crunch/Wild Charge
- Palkia – Dragon Breath/Aqua Tail/Draco Meteor
- Metagross (XL) – Bullet Punch/Meteor Mash/Earthquake
- Mewtwo (Shadow) – Psycho Cut/Psystrike/Shadow Ball
- Excadrill (XL) – Mud Shot/Drill Run/Rock Slide
- Mamoswine (XL) – Powder Snow/Avalanche/Bulldoze
- Garchomp – Mud Shot/Outrage/Earthquake
- Dragonite (XL) – Dragon Breath/Dragon Claw/Hurricane
- Giratina (Altered) – Shadow Claw/Dragon Claw/Shadow Sneak
- Machamp (Shadow XL) – Counter/Cross Chop/Rock Slide
- Reshiram – Dragon Breath/Crunch/Overheat
- Rhyperior (XL) – Mud Slap/Rock Wrecker/Surf
- Ho-Oh – Incinerate/Brave Bird/Earthquake
- Lugia – Dragon Tail/Sky Attack/Aeroblast
- Landorus (Incarnate) – Mud Shot/Rock Slide/Earth Power
- Kyogre – Waterfall/Blizzard/Surf
- Snorlax (Shadow) – Lick/Body Slam/Superpower
- Latios – Dragon Breath/Dragon Claw/Psychic
- Mew – Shadow Claw/Psyshock/Focus Blast
Best Master League Team Choices
Using the above information, here is a range of teams we think could help you to move up the rankings:
- Mamoswine (XL)/Machamp (Shadow XL)/Snorlax (Shadow)) – Yes, I’m starting off with a team that doesn’t include any Legendary Pokemon but hear me out. This team provides great coverage against many of the top picks in this league:
Mamoswine can help take down the pesky Dragon-types, Machamp will defeat Melmetal and more and Snorlax will help beat Pokemon like Giratina.
- Groudon/Swampert (XL)/Melmetal (XL) – This team speaks for itself, the top three Pokemon on the list.
- Gyarados (XL)/Mewtwo/Mamoswine (XL) – Gyarados surprisingly picks up some really solid wins in Ultra League, Mewtwo is, well, Mewtwo and Mamoswine will again help to sweep up the Dragons.
- Garchomp/Giratina (Origin)/Metagross (XL)
- Rhyperior (XL)/Dragonite (Shadow)/Swampert (XL)
By no means do these team guarantee wins, but we’ve crafted them in a way that gives decent coverage, tries to limit weakness and counters the Pokemon we think will be popular.
When building your team, theoretically, any of the top 25+ will work, provided you think about it strategically.
Good luck finding your best Master League team!