Pokemon GO - Best Retro Cup Teams, Season 7, May 2021
It’s that time once again for the GO Battle League to shuffle its competitions once again.
This time out, joining both the Master League and Master League Classic, is the Retro Cup.
While you would imagine the Retro Cup to feature only Pokemon from the retro games, it’s not that. Instead, only the first 15 types included in the game will be allowed in this competition meaning Dark, Fairy and Steel-types are out. The cup is also capped at 1500 CP.
With that in mind, here are the best Retro Cup teams for May 2021.
- GO Battle League – Best Master League and Master League Classic Teams, May 2021
TOP 25 POKEMON
With all of the restrictions of the Retro Cup in mind, here are the best 25 Pokemon for the competition, according to PVPoke.
- Lickitung XL – Lick/Body Slam/Power Whip
- Frosslass – Powder Snow/Avalanche/Shadow Ball
- Cresselia – Psycho Cut/Grass Knot/Moonblast
- Regirock – Lock On/Stone Edge/Focus Blast
- Hypno – Confusion/Shadow Ball/Thunder Punch
- Abomasnow – Powder Snow/Weather Ball/Energy Ball
- Chansey XL – Pound/Psychic/Hyper Beam
- Deoxys (Defense) – Counter/Psycho Boost/Rock Slide
- Altaria – Dragon Breath/Sky Attack/Dragon Pulse
- Castform (Snowy) – Powder Snow/Weather Ball/Blizzard
- Drifblim – Hex/Icy Wind/Shadow Ball
- Dewgong – Ice Shard/Icy Wind/Water Pulse
- Medicham XL – Counter/Ice Punch/Psychic
- Lickilicky – Lick/Body Slam/Shadow Ball
- Jellicent – Hex/Ice Beam/Shadow Ball
- Whiscash – Mud Shot/Mud Bomb/Blizzard
- Pachirisu XL – Volt Switch/Thunder Punch/Thunderbolt
- Dragonite (Shadow) – Dragon Breath/Dragon Claw/Draco Meteor
- Lapras – Ice Shard/Surf/Skull Bash
- Mantine – Wing Attack/Bubble Beam/Ice Beam
- Dragonair (Shadow) – Dragon Breath/Aqua Tail/Dragon Pulse
- Munchlax – Lick/Body Slam/Bulldoze
- Snorlax (Shadow) – Lick/Body Slam/Superpower
- Marowak (Alolan) – Fire Spin/Shadow Bone/Bone Club
- Goodra – Dragon Breath/Power Whip/Muddy Water
Best Retro Cup Team Choices
- Lickitung XL/Frosslass/Cresselia
- Deoxys (Defense)/Regirock/Dragonite
- Drifblim/Altaria/Marowak (Alolan)
As always, the above teams aren’t guaranteed to win every matchup. They have, however, been crafted with a combination of weaknesses and resistances in mind, trying to anticipate what the oppositions most popular Pokemon may be.
Best of luck with your best Retro Cup team.