Pokemon GO: Best Ultra League Team - GO Battle League Season 7, April/May 2021
Here are the 25 best Pokemon and five of our team selections for the Ultra League.
Pokemon GO’s GO Battle League Season 7 has been underway for a while now.
The game’s ultimate PVP mode is bidding farewell to the second round of the Great League and is welcoming the Ultra League (and its Premier Cup).
Due to the constant shifting of the Meta, as new moves, Pokemon and other variables are added, new teams become viable.
With that, here are what we think are some of the best Ultra League team choices to carry you through.
- Pokemon GO – Can Clauncher and Skrelp be Shiny?
Pokemon Top 20
According to PVP ranking website PvPoke.com, here are the top 25 picks for the Ultra League and its upcoming round:
- Registeel (XL) – Lock On/Focus Blast/Flash Cannon
- Cresselia – Psycho Cut/Grass Knot/Moonblast
- Talonflame (XL) – Incinerate/Brave Bird/Flame Charge
- Abomasnow (Shadow XL/XL) – Powder Snow/Weather Ball/Energy Ball
- Galarian Stunfisk (XL) – Mud Shot/Rock Slide/Earthquake
- Giratina (Altered) – Shadow Claw/Dragon Claw/Shadow Sneak
- Registeel – Lock On/Focus Blast/Flash Cannon
- Politoed (XL) – Mud Shot/Weather Ball/Blizzard
- Swampert – Mud Shot/Hydro Cannon/Earthquake
- Mandibuzz (XL) – Snarl/Foul Play/Aerial Ace
- Umbreon (XL) – Snarl/Foul Play/Last Resort
- Ferrothorn (XL) – Bullet Seed/Power Whip/Flash Cannon
- Meganium (XL) – Vine Whip/Frenzy Plant/Earthquake
- Articuno – Ice Shard/Icy Wind/Hurricane
- Steelix (XL) – Dragon Tail/Earthquake/Crunch
- Swampert (Shadow) – Mud Shot/Hydro Cannon/Earthquake
- Perrserker (XL) – Shadow Claw/Close Combat/Foul Play
- Lapras (XL) – Ice Shard/Surf/Ice Beam
- Politoed (Shadow XL) – Mud Shot/Weather Ball/Blizzard
- Ninetales (Alolan XL) Powder Snow/Weather Ball/Psyshock
- Clefable (XL) – Charm/Moonblast/Meteor Mash
- Venusaur (Shadow) – Vine Whip/Frenzy Plant/Sludge Bomb
- Drifblim (XL) – Hex/Shadow Ball/Icy Wind
- Regirock – Lock On/Stone Edge/Focus Blast
- Regice (Shadow) – Lock On/Blizzard/Earthquake
As you can see, Pokemon with XL boosts now dominate the meta.
Best Ultra League Team Choices
Based on this data, here are a handful of teams we think could help to dominate the league:
- Regirock/Talonflame/Abomasnow (Shadow XL) – This team gives some strong coverage. I feel like Talonflame is going to be extremely popular in this section of the GO Battle League, simply due to players having an excess of candies from the recent Community Day and wanting to try out a new Pokemon. For this, Regirock is one of the top counters. Adding a Talonflame in will give coverage against the ever-popular Registeel, as well as the likes of Stunfisk and Abomasnow. Then, adding Abomasnow will help defend against the likely return of Giratina.
- Sceptile (Bullet Seed/Leaf Blade/Earthquake)/Giratina/Machamp (Counter/Cross Chop/Payback) – Probably not the best team ever, but this is what I use. Sceptile is very glassy but gets its charge moves incredibly quickly and Earthquake often surprises players, Giratina is Giratina and Machamp speaks for itself.
By no means do these team guarantee wins, but we’ve crafted them in a way that gives decent coverage, tries to limit weakness and counters the Pokemon we think will be popular. If you employ this strategy when building your team, selecting from the list above, you can’t go wrong.