Bethesda Softworks Reveals Digital Unlock Times for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Special Edition
In just over a week, players will be able to jump back into the rich world of Skyrim once more with the upcoming The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Special Edition that will provide a newly-remastered take on the epic game, with the launch times for when the game will unlock revealed.
Bethesda Softworks revealed the times and windows that The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Special Edition will unlock digitally across the globe and by platform, with the publisher revealing the following info on when to expect the game to launch:
Skyrim Special Edition will be available for purchase at its global release time of 12am UTC on Friday, October 28. Region-specific unlock times include:
- 5pm Pacific Time (October 27)
- 8pm Eastern Time (October 27)
- 1am British Summer Time (October 28)
- 2am Central European Summer Time (October 28)
- 11am Australian Eastern Time Zone (October 28)
- 1pm New Zealand Time (October 28th)
- 2pm Japan (October 28th)
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Skyrim Special Edition will unlock on consoles at 12am local time throughout European territories, midnight ET for North American players, and 2pm Japan time.
For pre-loading of digital copies, see information below.
- Xbox One – Pre-loading for Skyrim has already begun.
- PlayStation 4 (North America) – Preloading is anticipated to begin midnight ET on October 26th
- PlayStation 4 (Europe) – Preloading is anticipated to begin at midnight local time on October 26th
- Steam – Skyrim Special Edition will unlock for players to download at the global release times mentioned above. The game is available for pre-order in stores and digitally for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Steam. As a bonus, Steam users that already own the game and all of the Skyrim DLC will be able to get Skyrim Special Edition for free. Visit Steam for more details.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Special Edition will release for PS4, Xbox One, and PC on October 28th, 2016.