In case you’ve been living underground in a nuclear bunker, Fallout 4 releases next week after literally years of anticipation from series fans. The game was first officially announced at E3 2015 and is now almost ready for players to take to the wasteland. However, for eager fans on Xbox One who have already purchased and pre-loaded a digital copy of the game, Bethesda has stated that the game may need to be re-downloaded.
Anyone who purchased the game on or before October 27 and is not using Instant-On mode on their console has only downloaded the ‘stub-file’ version of the game, a placeholder for the marketplace. Bethesda suggest following these steps to ensure the game is ready for release day:
- Navigate to My Games & Apps.
- Find the title’s tile in Games.
- With the tile highlighted, press the [Menu] button on your controller.
- Select Manage Game.
- In the Manage Game screen, select the storage device the game is currently installed to.
- Select Uninstall.
- Once the game has uninstalled, return to My Games & Apps.
- Scroll right to the “Ready to Install” section under Games.
- Highlight the title’s tile.
- Press [A] to select.
- Choose Install.
Fallout 4 hits Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC on November 10, 2015.