BF 2042 Update 1 (0.2.1) Patch Notes and Maintenance
The first update improves the game's stability.
BF 2042 Update 1 will be available in a few hours across all platforms, delivering small fixes to all game modes.
In an attempt to smooth out things for the worldwide launch of Battlefield 2042, the developers launch an update today applying several fixes. The first update will wipe out a few issues in Hazard Zone like the Specialist selection menu on PC and the bugged spotting system.
- CHECK THIS OUT: 5 Best Specialists in Battlefield 2042 for Beginners and Pros
Moreover, Update 1 will implement some server fixes to reduce the Rubber Banding issue as much as possible. Rubber Banding happens when a player’s location on the map changes instantly between two points as a result of packet loss.
As revealed by DICE, Battlefield 2042 will receive two more updates in the first 30 days of launch. The first update will bring more fixes to the game, and the second, which is the biggest one, will implement some balancing changes as well as more fixes.
Below, you can check out the patch notes for BF 2042 Update 1.
BF 2042 Update 1 Patch Notes
- Implemented Server Side upgrades that are targeted at reducing instances of Rubber Banding, often experienced in the later part of a round in All-Out Warfare modes.
- Significantly reduced instances of stuttering when playing on Breakaway. If the Silo’s are destroyed, it should no longer reduce performance on the server.
- A note that we are continuing to investigate similar occurrences that have been reported to us on other maps.
- When looking at allies on your team, their names will now correctly display.
- Adjusted the animations for Falck during the End of Round sequence to ensure that she is displayed correctly.
- Updated a skin earnable for Boris via Mastery Progression with a new name: Gator.
- Ensured that TDM Rounds in Battlefield Portal always start with Random Deploy set as active. We observed that this sometimes wasn’t active when moving from round to round, but have now fixed this.
- Applied a set of measures that ensure the correct number of AI spawn in Custom Battlefield Portal modes using the Free for All preset.
- PC Only – Enabled Specialist Selection in Hazard Zone via mouse interaction, removing the need to lock in your selection with the Spacebar.
- Fixed a rare occurrence in Hazard Zone that would sometimes cause the End of Round flow to not activate correctly, ensuring that the correct amount of bonus XP was awarded.
- Repaired an issue found in Hazard Zone that could cause players to be shown on the Map when they were not visible, or spotted.
- Provided a fix for Hazard Zone players who were not seeing their Extraction Streaks updating correctly.
When Is the Maintenance?
The maintenance for the first update will begin today, November 18, at 12 am PT/3 am ET/8 am UTC/9 am BST/10 am CEST/5 pm JST. The servers will be down for approximately 1 hour during maintenance. This update will be available across all platforms.
Battlefield 2042 will be available on November 19 on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and PC. Those who have active an EA Play subscription or have pre-purchased the Gold or Ultimate Edition of the game can now play it.