Today Xbox is hosting its E3 2018 press briefing from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, and we got a new trailer of the Xbox One version of Black Desert Online.
The trailer also revealed a release window for the Xbox One beta, which will begin this fall.
If you’re unfamiliar with Black Desert Online, that has been already available for PC for a long while (and of which you can read my review. Just do keep in mind that the game received two more years worth of content since then, and it’s about three times as big now) below you can check out an official description and a list of handy bullet points that will give you a better idea of what the game is all about.
“Black Desert is an open world, action MMORPG with incredible graphics, intense action and thrilling skill based combat. Seamless transitions between areas help make the game feel like a real vast open world waiting to be explored. Adventurers can take down monsters and gargantuan bosses, fight for control of nodes with other guild members or engage in profitable life skills. They can craft items, catch fish, tame and train wild horses, and immerse themselves in an entire world that is theirs for the taking. The game allows users to create unique characters with one of the most detailed character creation tools available. It’s the MMORPG that allows users to break away from the crowd and “become your true self”.
Experience fast-paced, action-packed combat. With a multitude of classes, each with their own distinct flair, there really is something for everyone. For those who prefer a peaceful life, players can build up life skills and earn a living by fishing, hunting, trading, cooking, and so much more. The story is the player’s to tell however they want.
The game is set in a medieval fantasy world, where players are caught in the middle of a conflict between two rival nations, the Republic of Calpheon and the Kingdom of Valencia. They have been in war over the Black Stones, a mysterious energy source which grants power to those who use them. The stones are a very valuable resource in the world and players will need to discover the secrets behind these Black Stones.”
- Incredible graphics
– Black Desert’s stunning graphics comes from the custom proprietary engine
- Most advanced yet user friendly customization tools
– Create unique characters with an unrivaled character customization tool.
– Incredibly precise and sophisticated character creation tool allowing players to create a true representation of themselves
- Intense Combat
– Spectacular skills which are unique to each class.
– Free-flowing combination based combat allowing players to take full control of their battles.
– Adrenaline-fueled PvP and Co-op modes
– Engage in node wars to control the trade routes, or team up to take down epic world bosses
- Explore an open world that’s vast and unpredictable
– With no loading screens between regions, the world feels huge and open.
– Discover unique monsters and devastating human factions scattered across the world of Black
- Purchase housing, decorate the space and fully immerse yourself in the Black Desert world
- Pet System – Own, feed, and hunt with pets
- Relaxing life skills such as fishing, gathering, mining, farming and horse taming.
You can check out a batch of screenshots and the new trailer below, courtesy of YouTube user GamersPrey.
Of course, this is just one of the many reveals from today’s Xbox press briefing. You can check out everything else in the livestream directly from Microsoft.