Ncsoft announced today that their MMORPG, Blade & Soul, will be getting a massive new expansion this April in Europe and North America. The expansion, ‘Secret of the Stratus’, will include a few game changing features including a full overhaul of the skill system, making it more user-friendly while still giving players the same customization they have grown to love. Alongside the announcement of the new expansion, we also get a new trailer and screenshots which can be seen below.
Ncsoft also announced that, going forward, they will be releasing larger and more ambitious expansions at a slightly slower pace to allow players more time to play through and master content without having to feel rushed by the next update. This is good news for casual players who may not have a lot of time to play and don’t want to feel like they are being left in the dust when a new content update rolls out.
Finally, Blade & Soul is getting a boost voucher which can be purchased with real currency that will let players instantly create a new level 50 character. The thought behind this voucher is to allow players to try a new high level class without having to grind out through the content.
Here is a breakdown of the new expansion, courtesy of Ncsoft:
- Act 7: Find out if you have the courage and strength to stand up to the dastardly Zulia, who kidnapped Jinsoyun for her own nefarious purposes!
- Gunwon City: Explore an expansive new land, including the grand Gunwon City itself.
- Skill Point Revamp: A complete revamp of the skill point allocation system will streamline how you specialize your character’s skills, while keeping the same level of customization depth.
- Three New PvE Areas:
- Naryu Sanctum – Our hardest 6-member Heroic Dungeon released to date. Great rewards such as the new Legendary Bracelet await, but only the adventurous will claim them!
- Celestial Basin – A new open-world area well-suited for solo and casual players. Among other rewards, the new Mystic Badges can be acquired in this area.
- Mushin’s Tower F16-20 – Challenge yourself against Yunsang, and compete for the fastest kill on the new Mushin’s Tower leaderboards.
- The Hongmoon Training Room: A new solo instance that will allow you to practice skill combos and boss attack patterns. This is a must for new and returning players, but existing players will also find it useful to practice their skill rotation.
- New Hongmoon Levels: Continue progressing your character up to Hongmoon Level 20.
- Insta-Level 50 Voucher: A new account service that allows you to create a new character at max level and jump right in the fray!
- Skill balance changes, Legendary items, new pets, cosmetics, quality of life improvements and much, much more!
Blade & Soul is currently available for PC as a free-to-play game with no subscription required. Although premium memberships are available for Blade & Soul, they are not required to enjoy the game online.