Blizzard Entertainment Previews Multiple Games’ Upcoming Content at Gamescom
Blizzard Entertainment unveils new content for Heroes of the Storm, StarCraft II, and more that will be available for fans to check out at Gamescom
Blizzard Entertainment revealed a plethora of new content that will be playable on the Gamescom show-floor in Cologne, Germany. For those who can’t travel to Germany for the massive games show, the popular game developer and publisher released a video showcasing the new content.
Blizzard Entertainment’s player-friendly MOBA, Heroes of the Storm, will finally include the highly-requested Warcraft Hero, Kel’Thuzad. The Lord of Naxxramas will be detailed more at the Blizzard Reveal Ceremony in a few days.
Additionally, an animated trailer featuring Kel’Thuzad as well as three new skins for existing characters was shown within their Gamescom preview video below. Death Knight Sonya, Dreadlord Jaina, and Crypt Queen Zagara will all be showcased at the show and will certainly be popular with Warcraft and Heroes of the Storm fans alike.
StarCraft II will be receiving a new Zerg co-op commander known as Dehaka. For those who can attend, you can try out Dehaka at Blizzard’s booth. A little preview of the primal pack leader can also be found in the Gamescom preview video below.
World of Warcraft’s latest content update, Patch 7.3, will also be further detailed at the Blizzard Reveal Ceremony. However, members of the Horde or Alliance may test their strength in a new dungeon that will release in the upcoming patch.
More content — like the recently revealed map, Junkertown — will be available for players to play at the German-based game show. Attendees at Gamescom may enjoy the following found at Blizzard Entertainment’s booth in Hall 7:
Heroes of the Storm
- The latest long-awaited Hero to join the Nexus—Kel’Thuzad, the Warcraftseries’ undead Lord of Naxxramas—will be playable for the first time. Additional details on Kel’Thuzad will be presented during the Blizzard Reveal ceremony on Wednesday, August 23.
- Heroes of the Storm players at gamescom will get a glimpse at brand-new skins, including Death Knight Sonya, Dreadlord Jaina, and Crypt Queen Zagara.
- Community personalities and pros will compete in live show matches on the main stage during the Heroes of the Storm: Showdown. Team Liquid and Team expert battle on Wednesday, August 23, and Germany’s popular YouTubers ApeCrime and PietSmiet duke it out on Friday, August 25.
- Primal pack leader Dehaka, the newest Zerg co-op commander for StarCraft II, will be playable for the first time at the Blizzard booth.
- Attendees at gamescom will also be able to play StarCraft: Remastered, Blizzard’s recently released modernization of the classic award-winning real-time strategy game and its Brood War ® expansion.
World of Warcraft
- Gamers will be able to group up with other gamescom attendees and travel to Argus to run through a dungeon from World of Warcraft’s upcoming Patch 7.3. Details about this content update will be unveiled during the Blizzard Reveal Ceremony on Wednesday, August 23.
- Twelve top-ranked Arena teams will battle it out in the WoW® European Championship Finals on the World of Warcraft stage from Wednesday to Saturday for a share of the $100,000 USD prize pool and the chance to compete in the WoW Arena World Championship Finals at BlizzCon later this year.
- Visitors to the Blizzard booth will be able to attend a live Darkmoon Faire, which will include activities like an airbrush makeup station and photo opportunities with iconic WoW statues and items.
- Hearthstone players can enjoy an early look at new Fireside Gathering features during gamescom, where they’ll join forces in a whole new kind of Fireside Brawl: a group raid against the Lich King.
- We’ll find out which country’s card-slingers will rise above the rest as the Hearthstone Global Games Finals play out live on the Hearthstone stage on Friday and Saturday, August 25 and 26.
- To celebrate the latest Hearthstone expansion, Knights of the Frozen Throne ™, gamers in Cologne will be able to grab a frozen treat and participate in activities at the gamescom city festival—where the Hearthstone traveling ice cream truck will be making its final European stop on the Ice Cream Citadel tour on August 25 and 26 from 15:00–23:00 CEST.
- For the first time, visitors to the Blizzard booth will be able to play an all-new Overwatch map, Junkertown—a shut-down omnium now ruled by the Junker faction, and former home of Roadhog and Junkrat. Watch the just-released “Junkertown: The Plan” video to catch up on the duo’s hijinks, and learn more in our map preview video.
- The world premiere of a new Overwatch animated short will take place on the main stage and via live stream during the Blizzard Reveal Ceremony on Wednesday, August 23.
- Attendees at gamescom will be able to command legions of the risen dead and wield the dark arts with Diablo III’s Rise of the Necromancer pack, playable at the Blizzard booth on PC and PlayStation 4.
More details on all of Blizzard Entertainment’s products will surely be unveiled at their reveal ceremony on Wednesday, August 23.
Blizzard Entertainment is one of the most successful game developers and publishers in the industry. They are known for creating critically lauded titles such as World of Warcraft, Overwatch, and Diablo III just to name a few. World of Warcraft, in particular, has stood the test of time as it approaches its thirteenth anniversary of its release in November. All of these games are available on Blizzard Entertainment’s online platform which recently got it’s name changed to Blizzard Battle.net last week.