Blood Bowl 2: Legendary Edition Announced; Includes New Races, New Modes, and More
Developer Cyanide Studios and publisher Focus Home Interactive have announced Blood Bowl 2: Legendary Edition, which is set to release for PC, Mac, PS4, and Xbox One sometime during summer 2017.
For those that don’t know, Blood Bowl 2, the sequel to the video game adaptation of Games Workshop’s classic tabletop game combining American football with the Warhammer fantasy world, released over a year ago and has gathered nearly half a million players on PC and consoles.
The Legendary Edition of the game will offer all the official races from the Blood Bowl board game, including the sly Goblins, as well as a brand new race, the Kislev Circus and their ferocious Tame Bears. These races are coming along with their Star Players and a new Khemri stadium, located at the feet of their imposing pyramids.
Essentially, the Legendary Edition comes with the base game, all the teams released since launch, and expansion pack content for $44.99 USD. If you already own the game, you can pick up an expansion pack with all the content for $19.99 USD. You will also still be able to purchase individual races if that’s what you want to do.
The Legendary Edition includes the following:
- 8 new races
- Pro Elves
- Kislev (based on the rules of Slanns)
- For a total of 24 races (the current 14 + Chaos Dwarfs + Khemri + 8 new)
- Swiss system competition
- Resurrection Mode
- No lasting SPP/injuries between each round.
- Evolution of teams between each round set in TV.
- Team Editor
- Choose a race and get unlimited gold, as well as the option to add any skill/stat/injury.
- These teams get a tag “custom team” which can be banned from a league.
- Our goal with the combo “team editor + resurrection mode + Swiss system” is to give the opportunity to players to experience the rules played on tabletop.
- New solo campaign mode
- Any race.
- Perpetual campaign.
- You have a map where you can go from a competition to another.
- Less cinematics/story and more freedom.
- A brand new stadium based on the “Khemri” theme
- Mercenary teams
- Teams composed of players picked from different races.
- Several groups of teams you can pick your players from (i.e “Elf team” = Pro Elf, WE, HE, DE).
- These teams will also have a specific tag – they won’t be allowed in Champion Ladder for example.
- Star Player team
- Teams composed of 16 Starplayers.
- These teams will have a specific tag as well.
- New chat tab in a league
- Accessible by all coaches with a team registered in the league.
- Post-match chat
- You can discuss with your opponent even after the end of the game, as long as you stay on the “end of the match” screen.
- Manual seeding in competitions.
- Possibility to play a league with a mix of human players and AI teams.
- AI enhancement
- The AI will now takes into account the current turn of the game (and not cross the pitch with dwarfs at turn 16).
- Optional skills
- It’s been discussed a lot with the community – more skills will be optional (Kick, Pass, Grab, Side Step, Dodge, Tackle, Fend, Tentacles, Stand Firm, Break Tackle).
- Free Camera Mode
- Save during a singleplayer match.
- Option to deactivate ageing in solo.
- Enhanced Competition Administration
- Possibility to admin a match in details (to decide TDs, injuries, SPP…)
- A pause system in multiplayer
- 3 pauses per player per game.
- No time limit to a pause.
- Any player can unpause at anytime during a pause (even 5 seconds after a player paused).
- Players can use the chat during the pause.
- FAME displayed during a match
- New cheerleader models (not one per team, but a bit more diversity).
- Cheerleaders will have the same colors as the team they’re supporting.
- Option to display the tooltip in dices probability (“2+” instead of “83%”).
- A lot more Starplayers
- We aim at 50 Starplayers total.
- They won’t all have a “premium skin” but we want to make them all available gameplay-wise.
- Option to mute chat in match
- Option to ban players from a competition in-game.
A lot of other small things – mainly “quality of life” improvements.
According to Cyanide, 95% of the content for the expansion is based off consumer feedback.
In addition to the Legendary Edition, Cyanide Studios also announced that The Chaos Dwarfs and Khemri teams will be available Tuesday on PC, Mac, Xbox One and PS4 on February 15th in America (or a day later if you’re in Europe).